It’s no news that several scholarships exist in renowned countries with qualified educational systems, especially open to developing countries like Ethiopia. Japan is one of such countries interested in students’ educational advancement and that’s why Japan Scholarships for Ethiopia Students exists. Read the post as an Ethiopian student and find out the opportunities available to you.
Are you an Ethiopian student looking for Scholarships for Ethiopian Students to enable you to study in Japan? Check these Japan Scholarships for Ethiopian Students options out.
- List of Scholarships for Ethiopian students
- Japan Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship (MEXT)
- ABE Initiative Scholarship for African Students
- University of Tsukuba Scholarship Program in Economic Program and Public Policy (PEPP)
- Meiji University International Students Incentive Scholarship Program 2020
- Hokkaido University Scholarship 2020
- Yokohama National University Masters in Infrastructure Management (IMP) Scholarship 2020/2021
- University of Tokyo Masters Scholarships 2020/2020
- Keio University Scholarship
- Graduate University School Scholarship Program:
- Aichi Scholarship Program
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program (JADS)
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
List of Scholarships for Ethiopian students
Here is the list of Japanese scholarships available for Ethiopian students.
- Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship (MEXT)
- ABE Initiative Scholarship for African Students
- University of Tsukuba Scholarship Program in Economics Program and Public Policy (PEPP)
- Meiji University International Students Incentive Scholarship Program
- Hokkaido University Scholarship
- Yokohama National University Masters Scholarship
- University of Tokyo Scholarship
- Keio University Scholarship for International Students
- Aichi Scholarship Program
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program (JADS)
Japan Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship (MEXT)
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology knew as MEXT is one of the ministries of the Japanese Government that provides Scholarships for Ethiopian Students.
The ministry’s goal is to strengthen existing relationships between the scholarship beneficiary’s country and Japan, thereby enabling progress between both countries and the world at large.
The Japanese Government Scholarship is open to students from all countries, Africa inclusive (of which Ethiopia is a part of). According to a recent study in Japan, numerous students (about 65000 annually) have grabbed this opportunity to study in Japan.
The scholarship is open to all nationalities. You have to see the comprehensive guide on eligibility scholarship content and more vital information at their website Website.
Level / Field of Study:
Undergraduates, Masters, Ph.D. students are fit to apply in any of the disciplines specified by their choice institutions. Awards that cover Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degrees are offered annually to the following type of students:
- Research students
- Teacher Training students
- Japanese studies students
- College of Technology students
- Special Training college students
- Young Leaders Program (YLP) students
Scholarship students will be given a monthly stipend of 146,000 yen, though it is subject to change as deemed fit by the management of the MEXT Scholarship program.
Having known all about the MEXT Scholarship, why not click on the attached link and get going on your dream career here
ABE Initiative Scholarship for African Students
The ABE Initiative Scholarship for Africans is a scheme of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). This unique organization was established on October 1, 2003, with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan.
Jica started its unique Japanese scholarship i.e the African Business Education (ABE) in 2013 to provide 1000 African youths with the opportunity to study and intern at Japanese universities and companies.
Jica has been appointed to implement a master’s degree and internship program within the ABE initiative framework developed for countries whose official requests have been approved by the Government of Japan. The objective of the ABE Initiative master’s degree and internship program is to give aid to young determined individuals who have the potential to contribute to Africa’s industries. The goal is for these individuals to develop effective skills in order for them to contribute to different fields. This is another Japan scholarship for Ethiopia.
- Citizens of any African country are eligible to apply
- Scholarship students must possess a bachelor’s degree
- Students should be between 22 and 39 years
- Sound health condition to complete the program
Field of Study:
For this scholarship program, participants will be accepted in any field of study for master’s courses at Japanese institutions. Whereas Engineering, Agriculture and Business/Economic Administration are specified as key fields.
JICA provides the following for participants and this is equal to similar JICA schemes:
- Tuition at Japanese University master’s degree programs.
- Allowances for living expenses, outfit, shipping, etc.
- A round-trip airfare
- Expenses for support programs throughout the study in Japan
To get full details about this scholarship program, please visit their website for more illuminating details right here
Check this out…Want to study in English in a Japanese institution, this option of Japan scholarship for Ethiopia might interest you… study-japan-English
University of Tsukuba Scholarship Program in Economic Program and Public Policy (PEPP)
The University of Tsukuba receives applications from students in developing countries who wish to enhance their knowledge and skill in Economics. This would enable them to help accelerate the pace of economic and social development in their various countries.
PEPP is an 18-month master’s program, taught in English, which offers a Master of Arts in Economics degree. PEPP is best suited for international and Japanese students wishing to acquire expertise in economics and cutting-edge econometric analysis of economic issues in developing/developed countries. Upon successful completion of all requirements of PEPP, students will receive a degree of Master of Arts in Economics from the University of Tsukuba.
Students who have been given scholarship grants by the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) will have the privilege of enjoying the following:
- Round trip air travel (economy class) between the home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance for each one-way trip
- Full tuition and fees
- A monthly living stipend
- National health insurance
- Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship, etc.
To apply for this scholarship, visit the scholarship page for details.
Check if you meet criteria by scholarship. Only applicants who fulfill eligibility requirements of both scholarships can apply to both JJ/WBGSP and ADB-JSP.
1. To apply for the PEPP through a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member country which enables participation ;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country
- Be in good health
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew;
N/B: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Also, the eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
2. To apply for the PEPP through an ADB-JSP scholarship, scholarship applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be a staff of ADB-JSP designated institutions, as they are not eligible for the Scholarship.
Applying for the scholarship:
- As an applicant, check if you meet all application requirements that have been listed above.
- To complete the application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the application instructions carefully before/during the application process.
- Go to their Online Application System to start the application process.
Meiji University International Students Incentive Scholarship Program
Meiji University International Student Incentive Scholarship Program is a financial assistance program to provide an opportunity for young competent students with financial difficulties (from target countries/regions) to study at Meiji University. Students honored
with the Scholarships for Ethiopian Students are expected to take part in strengthening the relationship between Japan and their home country.
The Japan Scholarships for Ethiopian Students is available to students seeking to undergo an undergraduate or graduate program.
To apply for the Meiji scholarship, all applicants must:
- Have citizenship of the target countries or regions
- Applicants with dual nationality are eligible only if, all nationalities are from the target country/region.
- Reside in the target countries/regions at the time of the application (except students who are enrolled in Meiji University as a MEXT scholar).
- Be admitted to Meiji University through admission exams designed for international students.
- Plan to have the resident status of “College Student”.
- Does not receive any other scholarship.
- Be motivated to join international networking activities for Meiji University students.
- Monthly stipend of JPY 100,000
- The amount equivalent to Examination Fee and Admission fee
- 100% or 50% waiver of following fees of the School / Graduate School the
an applicant is enrolled in; Tuition Fee, Guidance with Major, Educational Development Fee, Experimental Lab Fee, Lab Fee
- Transportation to Japan upon enrollment; an economy-class airplane ticket
to Narita / Tokyo International Airport from the nearest international airport
from the applicant’s home address at the time of application.
- Transportation from Japan upon completion of the degree program; an economy-class return airplane ticket.
Applying for the scholarship:
Necessary documents include;
a. Application form for Meiji University International Students Incentive Scholarship Program for 2021 Admission (prescribed form)
b. Short essay showing:
- Current situation and career plans after graduation should be included.
- Approx.700 words in English or 2,000 letters in Japanese, double-spaced.
c. Income certification of applicant’s guardian (financial sponsor)
- Submit original documents. (A notarized copy will be required If you cannot submit the original document.)
- The document should be in English or Japanese. (For documents in other languages, attach an English or Japanese translation notarized by an embassy or other public institution.)
d. Letters of recommendation:
- It should be written by an academic advisor/employer you currently belonged to or graduated from.
- It should be signed by the recommender, enclosed in an envelope, sealed and signed across the flap by the recommender.
- The letter should be written in English or Japanese, and contain “Title of the recommended”, “Relations with the applicant”, and “Date”.
e. A copy of the Application Form for the admission exams, which would be submitted at the school
f. A copy of the transcript from the previous school which would also be needed at the school
Hokkaido University Scholarship
Hokkaido University is one of the prestigious universities in Japan. Several competitive scholarships of differing amounts are available for students wishing to study at Hokkaido University, Japan.
Students coming to Hokkaido University can apply through the university. Graduate-level students (research students) are eligible to receive a university recommendation to apply for this scholarship. An application can be made through your prospective advisor. Undergraduate students are not eligible to apply.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is open to graduate-level students (Masters and Doctorate degree programs).
Research students- ¥143,000 monthly
Masters students- ¥144,000 monthly
Doctorate students- ¥145,000 monthly
Visit their website for more details and how to apply.
Yokohama National University Masters in Infrastructure Management (IMP) Scholarship 2021
Yokohama National University, with a grant funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank under the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP), is now seeking prospective students for its inter-faculty Master’s Degree Program in Infrastructure Management (IMP). The Japan Scholarships for Ethiopian Students program, which will begin in October 2021, is specifically designed for training infrastructure policy planners from World Bank member countries that are currently eligible to borrow.
Citizens of low and middle-income World Bank member countries are eligible for the scholarships. Scholarship applicants must:
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any other sources funded by the Government of Japan
- Be employed in a paid and full-time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent full-time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country in “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full-time or paid.
Priority Consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Are 35 years or younger
- Can receive an official leave of absence during the period of study
- Are planning to return to the equivalent position (including the current one) in their home country after s/he completes the program
- Are recommended by appropriate government agencies; and
- Submit Official English Proficiency Test Scores, (TOEFL/IELTS)
Approximately 8 scholarships are allocated to the YNU program by the World Bank. Each scholarship provides a monthly allowance of ¥152, 000 and a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance of $500. The scholarship also covers tuition fees, the entrance examination fee, and the admission fee.
Kindly visit the scholarship website for more information. The deadline for applications for the 2021 program is 28 February 2021.
University of Tokyo Masters Scholarships 2021
The University of Tokyo provides international students with access to a number of financial aid options that cover various forms and purposes, including school expense exemptions, scholarships, emergency loans, and student discounts.
To find out more, visit the application webpage
Keio University Scholarship
Established in 1858 by Yukichi Fukuzawa as a small school of Western learning, Keio has a history as Japan’s very first private institution of higher learning. Over 150 years since its founding, Keio has thrived under its founder’s motto of jitsugaku, or empirical science, as it continues to transform Japan as a modern nation through contributions to education, research, and medicine.
Keio University provides scholarships to international students so that they can concentrate fully on their studies without having financial worries. Relieving right? Keio University provides various benefit-type scholarships that meet the needs of the students and do not require repayment. These scholarships are open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
a. Goldman Sachs Scholars Fund: This scholarship is for students of excellent character and academic grades with a strong motivation to study, but are having difficulty devoting to their studies due to financial reasons (such as being from a developing country). Students must be recognized as needing financial aid to continue studying as international students.
Level/Field of Study: Undergraduate and graduate students
Scholarship worth: 500,000 yen per year
Application link: The scholarship period is one year (you may reapply), and HERE is the scholarship webpage for more details
b. Keio University Degree Completion Scholarship: This scholarship is for students who are highly motivated to study, but due to a sudden change in their household finances (includes being victims of large-scale natural disasters) or a life of continuous poverty, are having difficulties continuing their studies.
Level/Field of Study: Undergraduates in different fields
Scholarship worth: It’s within the amount of the tuition fee
Scholarship link: Visit their webpage for more details
Graduate University School Scholarship Program:
This scholarship is for graduate students of excellent character and academic grades who are motivated to do research but face difficulties studying for financial reasons.
Level/Field of Study: Graduates
Scholarship worth: 500,000 yen per year
There are different scholarship options offered by the university, so you are advised to check their webpage to select the one that you are qualified for.
Aichi Scholarship Program
The Aichi Prefectural Government is currently taking applications for the Aichi Scholarship Program. Utilizing scholarship money provided by the prefectural government, students from Asia will travel to Aichi and enroll in graduate school to study the specialized fields and related subjects that support Aichi’s manufacturing industry. After completing their courses of study, these students will then be highly expected to seek employment within Aichi.
- Citizens of any of the specified countries can apply.
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2021, i.e. born on or after April 2, 1984.
- Scholarship applicants must be healthy enough to accomplish the program, both mentally and physically.
- Applicants must have a good enough command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
Level/Field of Study: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof. Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support of Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- 150,000 yen per month.
- Travel expenses to Japan.
- School expenses (entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study)
Scholarship link: Click the link to find out more HERE
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Program (JADS)
The JADS Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program. Upon completion of their studies, the beneficiary scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development of their countries.
Host: The host is any Japanese partner university with AfDB in Japan.
Eligibility: Nationals of African countries seeking this scholarship must:
- Be a national of a AfDB member country
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree
- Not be living or working in a country other than his or her home country
Level/Field of Study: Graduate students with a degree in the energy area
Scholarship benefit: The JADS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- An economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books
Application link: You can read more and apply through this link
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 15 Ph.D. Scholarships for Business Administration Students
- List of Ph.D. Scholarships in the USA (LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL) – APPLY
- 17 Ph.D. Scholarship in Korea
- Top 15 Ph.D. Scholarships for Accounting Students
- 10 MBA Scholarships in Egypt |APPLY NOW
- Top 15 Ph.D. Scholarships for Agricultural Science Students
- 15 Scholarships for Gabon Students to Study in Canada
- International Management Scholarships in UK
- IWC Masters International Scholarships in Australia
- Best 15 Ph.D. Scholarships in Physical Therapy
- Herzog-Ernst International Scholarship in Germany
- 19 Ph.D. Scholarships for Gabon Students [Updated]
- Ph.D. Scholarships for Algerian Students
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.