Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) is glad to announce its Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2020 application. This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from economically weak families to take full-time regular courses available at Jamia Millia Islamia University.
The Vice-Chancellor of JMI grants Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship from ‘Central Scholarship Fund’.
The female student will be given preference so at least 50% of the total number of Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship will be open for female students. The Scholarship will be available for 75 students in the current academic year.
Under this scheme, JMI reimburses the gross fee to the student subject to the maximum limit of Rs. 10,000 per student per annum. This scheme will not be available for students of self-financed courses.
The scholarship for which an application must be submitted for a given year will be valid as of the corresponding academic year. The scholarship will be awarded for one academic year, which may be extended to the following year, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. However, the student must reapply for the continuation of the scholarship.
About The Sponsor:
Jamia Millia Islamia is a public central university in Delhi. It was established during British rule in 1920. It became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988.
Sir Sarwar Jung of Delhi designed the University. Jamia Millia Islamia is an “A” grade Central University accredited by NAAC and one of the topmost varsity in the country.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. A career scientist turned statesman, Kalam was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, and studied physics and aerospace engineering.
This scholarship was named after him as a recognition to his contribution to the countries education system. APJ Abdul Kalam is also known as the Missile man of India.
Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University conducts entrance exams in order to shortlist aspirants for admission in courses offered in streams such as:
- Architecture & Planning,
- Hospitality & Travel,
- Mass Communication,
- Humanities & Social Sciences,
- Commerce as well as Teaching & Education.
Jamia Millia Islamia entrance exam dates for admission in different undergraduate and postgraduate courses
What You Need To Know About The Abdul kalam scholarship 2020
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is to be taken in Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University in New Delhi.
The scholarship is open to Indian nationals to further their education.
There are limitless fundings for international students from various countries. READ MORE ON THE COUNTLESS INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS HERE.
All applicants will receive cash benefits to enable them forward their education and reduce the burden of paying the tuition fee.
Also, Check out these Latest Fully Funded Scholarships for Undergraduates.
Eligibility Criteria For The Abdul kalam scholarship 2020:
To qualify for the Abdul Kalam Scholarship, candidates must be:
- Citizens of India.
- Bonafide student of Jamia Millia Islamia’s undergraduate/post-graduate regular course and bearing good conduct.
- Applicant must have at least 75% of attendance.
- Candidates must have passed either class XII examination OR undergraduate degree to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be from an economically weak family whose income should not be more than Rs.2.0 Lac (Rs. Two Lacs only) per annum.
- Reservation of 50% of the scholarship will be for female students of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- The students, who have been awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship by the University, are entitled to receive a stipend or any financial assistance from any other source.
However, if the student receives any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, he/she shall immediately communicate the same to Dean, Students’ Welfare (DSW).
How to Apply Abdul kalam scholarship 2020
Applicants can collect and submit application forms at the office of the Dean, Students’ Welfare, (Dr . M. A. Ansari Auditorium, Gate No. 13) on or before the application deadline.
Kindly submit all the necessary documents with the application form. Forms can also be downloaded from the University website.
Below is a sample of how the online application form is:
Eligible students of Jamia Millia Islamia are to apply for the scholarship in the prescribed format along with attested copies of the following documents:
- School-leaving certificate as evidence of age;
- Identity card issued by the University;
- Family/Parent’s Income Certificate issued by the competent authority;
- Death certificate of Mother/Father (in death cases);
- A write up on justification for getting the scholarship (not more than 300 words);
- Application is to be forwarded by the Dean of Faculty/ Head of Department/ Director of Centre;
- Mark-sheet of the last examination passed;
Unfortunately, the scholarship application is currently not on. However, if open, the application starts on December annually with its deadline on 31 January annually.
Nevertheless, applicants are to visit the application link section below to keep up with updates as regards to the scholarship.
For more information on Abdul Kalam Scholarship Application, interested applicants should click on the link below:
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Fax: +91(11)2698 0229
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.