James Cook University (JCU) Dean’s Scholarship in Australia, 2019
James Cook University is offering undergraduate scholarships for Australian students in 2019. The value of the JCU scholarship 2019 shall be $10,000 per year, for the minimum number of years expected to complete on full time.
The JCU Deans’ Scholarship provides financial support to high achieving students for the length of their degree in order to allow students to fully commit to their studies.
James Cook University will award in order to engage with industry, community, and donors through positive interactions and relationship building to benefit the student body and the University.
James Cook University
James Cook University (JCU) is a leader in teaching and research that addresses the critical challenges facing the Tropics.
Our Australian campuses in Cairns and Townsville are on the doorstep of some of the world’s most spectacular environments: the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and the rainforests of the Wet Tropics, the savannahs of Cape York Peninsula and the deserts of the arid outback.
Our footprint extends beyond northern Queensland to include our Singapore campus, which combines research and teaching and demonstrates our commitment to the Asian region and internationalization, particularly in the Tropics.
Our Singapore campus offers both international and Australian JCU students the opportunity to study in South East Asia’s commercial, technological and academic hub.
JCU also has a presence in Brisbane, with a campus operated by Russo Higher Education, providing courses to international students on behalf of JCU.
In support of our tropical agenda, our teaching and research are focused on four themes: tropical ecosystems and environment; industries and economies in the tropics; people and societies in the Tropics; and tropical health, medicine, and biosecurity.
JCU engages with all its communities, businesses and industry to promote a sustainable region that is socially inclusive.
We are proud of our strong links with rural, remote and indigenous communities, and we are dedicated to ensuring that our teaching, learning, and research delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of our area.
JCU’s staff and students conduct research in the following areas: environmental science and management, fisheries sciences, geochemistry, geology, evolutionary biology, plant biology, zoology, tourism, inorganic chemistry, oceanography, physical geography and environmental geoscience, biochemistry and cell biology, genetics, materials engineering, immunology, neurosciences, nursing, specialist studies in education, anthropology, human geography, linguistics and historical studies.
What You Need To Know
There are specialist centers and institutes based at JCU that serve as hubs for research and innovation. Infrastructure such as our Orpheus Island Research Station and the Daintree Rainforest Observatory add to the quality of the learning and research experience.
Level/Field of Study:
The JCU Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program in Australia. Scholarships are awarded to study in Arts, Society, Education, Business, Law, Governance, Science, Engineering, Healthcare Sciences, Public Health, Medical, Veterinary Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry.
The JCU scholarship is to be taken in Australia to study at James Cook University Australia. If you are an international student and you wish to study in Australia, this is for you Latest Australian Permanent Residency Visa & Citizenship Requirements
Australian Students can apply for these scholarships. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting Up to $10,000 per year in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available
- Eligible Countries: Australian Students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Following the situation must be followed to apply for this scholarship:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen;
- Be likely to achieve a Queensland Overall Position (OP) of 1-3 or the equivalent Australian Tertiary Admissions Ranking (ATAR) or International Baccalaureate (IB) score (bonus rank points or OP adjustments will not apply); and
- Have applied through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) and nominated a JCU course as your first or second preference
How To Apply For JCU Scholarship
Prior to completing an application, you should carefully read the Scholarship Rules below. Applicants wanting to apply for this scholarship must attach the following documents to their application:
- A typed personal statement of a maximum of 1000 words that addresses:
- What you believe to be the most significant challenges facing tropical and underserved populations and how the completion of a JCU degree will enable you to make a difference and create a brighter future for life in the Tropics;
- The reasons and motivation for your choice of study area or program; and
- The extent to which the Scholarship will make your study possible.
- A concise CV detailing academic achievements, work experience, community involvement and any other extracurricular activities (this should be no more than 5 pages);
- Year 12 Semester 1 report card; and
- No more than three written references attesting to their character and/or suitability to receive the scholarship (these can be the same as used to support written applications for courses listed above).
Applicants may be required to undertake an interview as part of their application.
When applying for a scholarship it is very important that you answer all the questions and include all relevant documents. Your application and relevant documents must be submitted before the closing date. If an application is incomplete, it will not be considered.
Scholarship Application opens September 2019
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- TOP 15 Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS STUDENTS.
- ECU School of Engineering Research Scholarship
- Master Scholarships at the University of Maiduguri in Nigeria, 2019
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology Scholarships for International Students in China, 2019
- Heriot-Watt University CRL Scholarship Award, 2019-2020
- Top 21 Masters Degree Scholarships for Environmental Science Students
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students
- Top 25 Masters degree Scholarships to Study English
- AMREP Honours Scholarship at Monash University
James Cook University offers undergraduate Scholarships to Australians. The Winner of the JCU Scholarship 2019 gets up to $10,000. Applications are ongoing