SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) is inviting applications for Doctoral Research Fellowships from international students. The Doctoral Research Fellows receive payments equivalent to entrance fee (only for newly-enrolled students) and tuition fee, and moreover benefits by engaging in research activities.
The purpose of the Doctoral Research Fellowship is to admit outstanding and highly motivated students pursuing a doctoral degree and develop their ability to carry out research as a young researcher by engaging in research activities.
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology: JAIST is a postgraduate university in Japan, established in 1990. JAIST was established in the centre of Ishikawa Science Park. It is to the south of Kanazawa City.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing the doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
The Doctoral Research Fellows receive payments equivalent to entrance fee (only for newly-enrolled students) and tuition fee, and moreover benefits by engaging in research activities after enrolling in the doctoral program. Special Type: 70,000 yen/month (approx. 1,370,000 yen/year including tuition) Normal Type: 30,000 yen/month (approx. 890,000 yen/year including tuition)
- In addition to the above, an equivalent amount of entrance fee is paid to newly-enrolled students.
- Interim report, results report, and participation in business may be requested by JAIST.
Number of Scholarships:
- Special Type: few successful applicants
- Normal Type: approx. 20% of all successful applicants for the doctoral program
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants of regular examinations, examination for admission on the recommendation for overseas residents, and internal doctoral program admissions EXCEPT the following:
- Applicants of examinations for working professionals
- Company sponsored applicants
- MEXT scholarship students (including prospective students)
- Foreign government scholarship students (including prospective students)
- Students who will receive a scholarship equivalent to tuition fee from JAIST after entering the doctoral program through the internal entrance exam.
- 5D program scholarship students (students who are selected for both the 5D program scholarship and the DRF must select only one of them before enrolling in the doctoral program.)
Nationality: Scholarships are open to international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have masters degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must submit one of the following score reports from a test taken within the past two years before the application deadline.
- TOEFL(iBT or PBT)
- TOEIC(Listening and Reading Test)
- IELTS(Academic Module)
How to Apply: Submit the application by hand or registered express mail to the Student Welfare Section by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 10, 2017.