Italian Government offers scholarship opportunities to international students to study for undergraduate, masters, and PhD degrees.
The Italian Government Scholarship is for eligible students at Italian higher education institutions and who do not currently hold any University scholarship. This article compiles the eligibility criteria and application procedure.
Just like other scholarship opportunities, applicants must first confirm eligibility before sending in their applications.
The scholarship’s main objective is geared towards reducing the cost of education for most international students. A glance at the table of contents below will reveal relevant information about this scholarship embedded in this piece of writing.
Who Sponsors the Italian Government Scholarship?
The Italian Government awards scholarships to foreign and Italian citizens studying in Italy. International students enrolled in undergraduate programs; postgraduate programs; Master’s programs, and PhD programs can apply for this scholarship.
In addition, students enrolled in courses of higher education in Art, Music, and Dance alongside advanced courses in the Italian language can also apply.
How do I get an Italian government scholarship?
The first step towards getting an Italian scholarship stems from applying rightly. To get an Italian government scholarship, you need to be duly informed with when application portals will be reopened and apply right on time.
In addition to applying early, it is important you also sending an application that is duly vetted and proofread to avoid mistake that may dwindle your chances.
The application portal and procedure is enlisted in this article.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2020-2021
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020-2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020-2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020-2021
Who Should I Apply for the Italian Government Scholarship?
Only applications from eligible candidates would be considered. To ascertain your eligibility, read through the subsections below:
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships in Italy 2020 are available for pursuing Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. degrees in the following Fields of Study:
- Second-level university courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° Ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D. Courses
- Specialization Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
The Italian Government Scholarship is hosted by the Italian public education and research system. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
The scholarship is open to international students, especially from developing countries. Aside from the Italian government scholarships for international students, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Normally, the scholarship holders are exempted from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. Sometimes, the Universities as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption.
Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
For the sole period of the Universities Scholarships in Italy 2020 granted by the Italian Government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident. Air tickets are not granted, except for Chilean citizens.
The number of Italian Scholarships 2020 offers was not specified
The following criteria must be met in order for Ph.D. Scholarships in Italy 2020 applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Educational qualification required by the chosen institution (See Section III of the call for applications)
- Knowledge of Italian Language: candidates must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (e.g. CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT Roma Tre) or equivalent linguistic proficiency issued by a local organization or language school (e.g. Italian Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society branch, etc.). Applicants for enrolment in Advanced Courses on Italian language and culture must have at least an A2 level proficiency in Italian.
- Italian language knowledge is not required for applicants who enroll in university courses held entirely in English.
- Age limits: Candidates who are younger than 18 years (born not after 15 April 1998) or older than 35years (born not before 15 April 1981) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications are not eligible.
- Candidates for Courses for teachers of Italian as a second language (see above, section III, the letter I) are eligible until they are 45 y. o. (born not before 15 April 1971) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications.
- Restrictions: Students enrolled in a year exceeding the legal duration of the course of study (the so-called “fuori corso”) are not eligible for scholarships.
- Candidates may apply for a renewal to continue or complete a multi-year course. A renewal can be granted only if the applicant has passed the exams required in the previous year. No scholarship renewals are offered for students exceeding the legal duration of the course of study.
How to Apply for Italian Government Scholarship 2020?
Please complete all sections of the application form including signatures and ensure that supporting documentation is attached.
- All applications are to be done online through this link
- Before applying, please read carefully the Call for Applications
- You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
Important Notes: Applicants may obtain country-specific information from the Italian diplomatic mission or Italian Cultural Institute in their country of origin, either in person or from the institutional websites.
When is the Application Deadline for Italian Government Scholarship?
Italian government scholarships for International students applications deadline is usually 30th April of every year.
Italian Government Scholarship FAQs
How can I study in Italy for free?
To study in Italy for free, you will need to apply to Italian universities that offer scholarships.
You need to secure a fully-funded scholarship either from an Italian University or an Italian government.
Also, if your visa permits you to work, you should get a part-time job in Italy to support your academic stay.
What are the benefits of studying in Italy?
Studying in Italy gives you an opportunity to learn a new language or be better at speaking the Italian language.
University programs allow students to explore chosen majors in an international classroom.
Also, studying in Italy allows you to take advantage of numerous opportunities that abound for personal enrichment.
Can I study in English in Italy?
Yes, most Italian universities have programmes that are taught either in English or in Italian. So, to study in Italy you must proof proficiency in English or Italian.
- International Scholarships in NABA Bachelor of Art for Students in Italy
- 7 Places in 2020 to learn Programming Online for Free
- Chevening 15,000 masters courses for International Students
- Beihang University Postgraduate Scholarship in China
- Free Waiver Master of Science scholarship in Urban Studies in Brussels, Belgium
- Estophilus Research Scholarship for International Students
- Top 5 Most Affordable Countries to Study Abroad( no. 2 will shock you)
- International Students CIMO Master Scholarships in Finland
- College and University Students Government Scholarships for in India