ISU Credit Union Extra Credit Teacher Scholarship
ISU Credit Union in partnership with ISU Early College Program is awarding one yearly scholarship named as “Extra Credit Teacher Scholarship”. Applicant must be employed by a secondary school district in Idaho and must be admitted to an ISU Graduate Program. The mission of ISU is to deliver an exceptional financial experience, enrich the lives of our members, and benefit our educational partners. The program is awarding a scholarship up to $2,000 to winning applicant.
A credit union is a member-owned financial cooperative, democratically controlled by its members, and operated for the purpose of promoting thrift, providing credit at competitive rates, and providing other financial services to its members.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Applicant must be employed by a secondary school district in Idaho Applicant must be admitted to an ISU Graduate Program (in the subject they will teach)
- Applicant must be registered for courses to be awarded
- Applicant must be currently teaching for the Early College Program OR upon approval from the department, be willing to teach dual credit courses for the Early College Program Applicant must be willing to teach dual credit courses for a minimum of three years, while
- Concurrently obtaining a Masters degree or upon completion of a Masters degree (depending on when the department gives approval) Priority will be given to individuals who are close to degree completion
- Priority will be given to ISUCU members
- This is a non-renewable award, although previous award winners may re-apply
- This award cannot be used in conjunction with another scholarship/fee waiver
How to Apply:
You can download the application from the given link: http://www.isucu.org/content/docs/Extra-Credit-Scholarship-Application_Fall2017Updated.pdf
You will be required to submit the following:
- A current transcript (unofficial is ok-you can get this in BengalWeb)
- Teaching philosophy statement to include discussion on teaching dual credit course(s)
- Letter of support from high school administrator stating the applicant would be supported to teach dual credit upon approval from the corresponding department
You can postmark the application to:
ISU ECP, 921 S.
8th Ave STOP 8057,
Pocatello, ID 83209
Financial Aid and Award Money:
ISU Early College Program is awarding a scholarship up to $2,000 to a high school teacher working to obtain a Masters Degree.
Application deadline of the Extra Credit Teacher Scholarship August 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: