Are you looking for an opportunity to study in Isreal? If yes, then you will please to know that applications are invited for Israeli Government Scholarships available for international students
These are awarded for summer language courses (Ulpan) and for one academic year or research studies. The aim of the Israeli Government programs is to enable and encourage academically able learners.
The applicant must hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
Furthermore, the applicant should be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35 (at the beginning of the academic year).
This post provides relevant information about Isreali Government Scholarships and how you can apply.
You can quickly scroll the table of contents below to see an overview of all this post entails
About Israeli Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
The Israeli Government Scholarships could be partial or in rare cases full. A partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR a monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only).
Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance, and basic health insurance.
The total number of awards under the Israeli Government Scholarships is not specified. Note, the Israeli Government Scholarship is offered for partial 8 months only.
To avail Israeli Government Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35.
- Proof of English or Hebrew language knowledge.
- The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University that he/she applies to Scholarship will be approved only after the required institute approves the acceptance of the candidate.
Final decision regarding the granting of a scholarship will be made around May each year. The embassy will notify the candidate of his/her acceptance of the scholarship program.
Level/Field of Study
The first priority will be given to candidates applying for a post-doctorate program and to research students. The second priority will be given to PhD Students and to MA students. And then priority will be given to candidates for overseas programs.
These scholarships cover anyone course offered by the Israel Universities
Israeli Government Scholarships is sponsored by the Government of Israel. And also, it can be taken in any Israeli Universities.
Israeli Government Scholarships are targeted for students of Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia,Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Mexico, Moldova, The Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.
Terms and Conditions
Every candidate should understand that;
Terms and conditions of the Israeli Government Scholarships will change every year according to the yearly budget.
‣ The scholarship could be partial, or in rare cases full. Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR a monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only). The full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance, and basic health insurance.
‣ Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel are the applicant’s responsibility.
‣ Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Ministry.
‣ Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Ministry only.
‣ First priority will be given to candidates applying for a post-doctorate program and to research students. The second priority will be given to Ph.D. Students and to MA students. The third priority will be given to candidates for overseas programs.
Scholarship Application Method
Before downloading and filling out the application forms, please carefully read these important instructions.
Applications should include:
- Completed application form – Download application forms
- Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities, or in the case of a research or post-doctorate – the relevant Israeli supervisor. Not required for Ulpan Scholarship.
- Official original academic records (or notarized copies) of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student’s records
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidate
- Three (3) photographs
- Certificate of health
- All of the above should be printed in English and submitted in three (3) copies to the Israeli embassy in the applicant’s country (in the Netherlands, please follow instructions on website).
- The final date for the submission of application forms is normally no later than November 30.
- Final decision regarding the granting of a scholarship will be made around June of each year.
- The MFA will notify the candidate of his/her acceptance to the scholarship program.
For more details, please write to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Scholarship Applications Deadline
Date for the submission of application forms is different in each country but normally is no later than November 30.
It is very advisable to contact your local Israeli embassy to verify the date for submitting applications and to receive more detailed information concerning the process of choosing the candidates for the scholarship from your country.
WE DULY RECOMMEND
- Hungary Government Scholarships for Ghanaian Students
- Top USA Government Scholarships for National And International Students [UPDATED]
- Czech Republic Government Scholarships for Developing countries
- APPLY: French government scholarships for Kenyans
- Top 121 Chinese Government Scholarships [Updated]
- Top 10 Chinese Government Scholarships for Rwandan Students
- 10 World Scholarship Forum Scholarships For Zambia Students
- Study in Asia: List Of All International Scholarships to Study in Asia
- Top 10 CSC Scholarships for Non-Chinese Students
- Japanese Government Scholarships for Undergraduate, Research & Masters International Students