Last updated on June 11th, 2018 at 12:58 pm
The Islamic Development bank in her bid to support ad promote education is pleased to call on eligible students to apply for the Islamic Development Bank Merit scholarship Program,2018-2019, Eligible persons are welcome to apply.
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is delighted to announce 50 scholarships under the IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology for the academic year 2017-18. The scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants effective September 2017.
Level(s)/field of study:
The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph. D study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to Health/Medicine, Agriculture/Food Production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology and ICT for Development.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
- Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
Place of Study
The successful candidate for the PhD programme must secure admission at one of the universities listed in the Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). Please visit the THES website: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings. Priority shall be given to those Ph.D. applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as University of Cambridge, University of Nottingham, University College London and Imperial College London in the UK, Princeton University in USA and KAUST in Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidates for Post-doctoral research are invited to undertake their research project at Research Centres of Excellence which have the facilities and equipment to undertake cutting-edge research projects, both in IDB member countries as well as in advanced countries.
The Programme is announced every year through the IDB Governors’ Offices in the countries concerned.
How to apply
Download the application form for 3-Year Ph.D. Study or application form for Post-Doctoral Research. The applications must be submitted through the nominating institutions to the Office of the IDB Governor for the country. It is the Office of the IDB Governor that will forward the applications to the IDB and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions. As for Egypt, applications should be forwarded through the Higher Universities Council, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, instead of Office of the IDB Governor. Applications sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.