Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) is delighted to invite applications for the IRDR Young Scientists Programme from all the young scientists around the world to pursue research in China for the academic session of 2017. The programme is available for pursuing research in the field of disaster risk reduction.
The aim of the scholarship is to increase awareness among young scientists about Sendai Framework implementation and provide opportunities for further engagement through the Young Scientists Program on DRR.
Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) is a decade-long research programme co-sponsored by the International Council for Science (ICSU), the International Social Science Council (ISSC), and the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR).
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of disaster risk reduction.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Link to IRDR network of professionals and practitioners
- Access to IRDR Scientific Committee (SC) for academic support/advice
- Participation in IRDR related training programs (there would be a different selection process for each of the training program)
- A certificate for IRDR Young Scientist upon successful completion
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Age: Less than 40 years on the date of application
- Nationality: There is no bar on nationality
- Affiliation: The candidate needs to be affiliated with an academic program (either master or doctorate) either as a student or as a young faculty.
- Research subject: The subject of research needs to be related to disaster risk reduction and its link to broader environment and development issues.
- Endorsement: must be endorsed by academic supervisor (for the student) or head of the department /graduate school (for the young faculties).
- Duration: Minimum 1 year, and maximum 3 years. The applicant can make their choice, and the final decision will be made by IRDR.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be either master or doctorate.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Application Form(Young Scientists Programme Application Form)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed Research Plan (10 pages Maximum)
- Recommendation/Endorsement Letter from the Supervisor
- Copy of Student/Faculty ID Card
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.