SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
IP Property Law Section Women & Minority Scholarship
If you are a law student and belong to the minority group, you may apply the “Intellectual Property Law Section-Women and Minority Scholarship”. The IP Law Section of the State Bar of Texas is now offering two scholarships to any woman or member of a recognized minority group who intends to practice IP law in the State of Texas. The purpose of the scholarship is to facilitate and encourage women and minorities to enter the practice of intellectual property law in Texas. The Tax Bar will award two $5,000 scholarships to each winner.
The State Bar of Texas (the Texas Bar) is an agency of the judiciary under the administrative control of the Texas Supreme Court. The purpose of the State Bar of Texas is to foster and maintain, on the part of those engaged in the practice of law, high ideals and integrity, learning, competence in public service, and high standards of conduct.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship program you must be:
- A woman who is a member of a recognized minority group, including but not limited to African Americans, Hispanics, Asian Americans, and Native Americans who intends to practice IP law in the State of Texas.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school in Texas at the time the application is submitted.
- Persons who have been accepted to law school but have not yet started classes at the time the application is submitted are ineligible.
- The applicants who have graduated at the time the scholarship is awarded are eligible.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidate may download the application through the given link:
Following documents will also be submitted along with application form:
- At least two letters of recommendation
- A typewritten essay of no more than two pages addressing the following:
- Why you plan to pursue a career in intellectual property law in Texas; and
- Any qualifications that you believe are relevant for your consideration for this scholarship
- Any issues of financial need that you would like the Committee to consider(optional)
- A law School Transcript
You can mail the completed application through the given following ways:
- Mail to: SBOT IP Section’s Women and Minority Scholarship Selection Committee C/o Shruti Krishnan, 2116 Golden Arrow Drive, Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Email to Shruti Krishnan at shru2213-at-gmail.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Texas will award two $5,000 scholarships
The applications must be postmarked no later than May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: