Applications for the Iowa State University International Merit Scholarship 2017 is currently available. Incoming international freshmen applicants and international transfer applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The International Merit Scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship. There is two renewable scholarship one gold scholarship up to $8,000/year and Cardinal Scholarship up to $4,000/year.
Iowa State University of Science and Technology is a public flagship land-grant and space-grant research university located in Ames, Iowa, United States. It is the largest University in the state of Iowa and the 2nd largest university in the Big 12 athletic conference.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Incoming international freshmen applicants and international transfer applicants with fewer than 66 transferable semester credits.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
How to Apply:
- Applicants must write a 500-word essay in your essay you should write something that will help the committee get to know you better and tell us why you deserve the award, or you may answer one of the questions provided on the scholarship application form.
- You can apply online for the scholarship through the given link: https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/intl/scholarship_application.php
Applicants must provide the following documents along with the application
- The SAT is not required, but if submitted, it will be considered
- A resume or CV listing your achievements
- One letter of recommendation
Financial Aid and Award Money:
There are two International Merit Scholarship awards
- Gold Award: $8,000/year (renewable)
- Cardinal Award: $4,000/year (renewable)
- Freshman recipients will be funded for a maximum of 8 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
- Transfer recipients will be funded for a maximum of 5 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
- Application deadline for the fall is March 1, 2017.
- Application deadline for the spring is October 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: