Yunus Centre is offering internship opportunities for Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program . The internship program allows interns to gain valuable insights on Professor Yunus’ philosophy through participation in field trips and attending meetings with Social Business Companies along with office work. Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or above are eligible to apply.
Professor Yunus has been promoting the concept of Grameen social businesses for a long time with the belief that this model will address the problems unresolved by the present capitalist system. Social business is a Non-dividend Company, which returns the investor’s money over time and is entirely dedicated to achieving social goals. The ultimate goal of Yunus Centre is to send poverty to museums. It strives to engage students, individuals and organizations in the social business movement through workshops, internships programs, immersion programs, projects, etc. to achieve the goal.
This will be a 3 months unpaid internship program focusing on assigned work (by one month rotation to three team leaders), social business materials study, visits to social business and Grameen Bank sites, and meetings with Grameen Bank and other Grameen sister companies.
Applicants, hoping to work alongside their like-minded peers to forge lasting relationships based on the ideas behind social business, will discover the Internship Program at Yunus Centre to be the ideal avenue. Internship at the Yunus Centre enables you to get involved in the following activities:
- Social Business field trips: The most unique aspect of this internship is the opportunity to participate in field trips to Grameen social business operation sites. More information on these social business sites has been provided in the next section.
- Exploring Grameen sister Companies: There will also be the chance to have meetings with companies of Grameen such as Grameen Danone, Grameen Shakti, Grameen Caledonian College of Nursing, Grameen Telecom trust and so on.
- Global exposure: A splendid chance to work with and gain knowledge from people of different languages, nations as well as from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Social Business Design Lab: Design lab is the place where business ideas from budding entrepreneurs of diverse backgrounds meet Social Business Gurus. Interns of Yunus Centre will get the chance to see and learn from many of these wonderful sessions first hand.
- Job Experience: By joining in the internship program, interns get opportunity to Contribute to office works of Yunus Centre which enable them to learn about official work and professionalism.
Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or above are eligible to apply.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
- A proper application should include your resume and Yunus Centre Application Form, which can be downloaded at: Apply Now
- Send in your application to [email protected]
- If you are not from Bangladesh, it is advised that you gain some background knowledge about living in Bangladesh prior to your arrival. To access some general information about Bangladesh,
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017