SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The internship will support two projects which are currently implemented in the programme, incudling “Support to the Up-Scaling of Wind Power” (DKTI Wind project) and “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency” (4E project). This incorporates support activities in the areas of:
- legal and regulatory framework, such as the development of a support mechanism for RE and or EE
- capacity development and training for the public (e. g. ministries, utilities, regulatory, educational and training institutions) and private sectors (e. g. project developers, investors, banks)
- the elaboration of concepts for technology cooperation between Vietnamese and German corporations, training institutions and research & development institutions
The tasks entail:
- Research activities in support of the development of RE sector in Viet Nam
- Support to quality assurance in technical activities:
- Policy advisory to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, e. g. the implementation of the new feed-in tariff mechanism
- Training and capacity development activities, e. g. the elaboration of biomass/waste to energy investment guidelines for project developers and investors; the elaboration of training courses on wind, biomass etc. for stakeholders
- Support to the elaboration and implementation of approaches for technology cooperation between Germany and Viet Nam
- Support to the updating of Monitoring & Evaluation system
- Support to the PR activities of the programmes, e. g: the updating of website, the elaboration of communication materials etc.
- Support to the preparation of workshops, trainings and other events
- Provide translation services when needed
- a lump sum payment depending on the country and the duration of the internship.
- The possibility to be an integral part of the implementation of an international/technical cooperation project.
- To get insights into the application of instruments of international/technical cooperation in emerging markets for renewable energies.
- To gain insights into a complex political environment, as well as energy sector-specific policy and energy efficiency policy matters.
- To gain experience in a complex working environment with the possibility to work independently and assume responsibility.
- To get practical experience on renewable energy development/planning implementation in Viet Nam.
- To contribute to project management and steering processes.
- To strengthen analytical skill regarding renewable energy issues.
- Currently undertaking postgraduate studies in industrial engineering, environment, industrial policy, economics, political science or a comparable course of study or has recently completed your studies. A Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Strong background in the energy sector, in particular renewable energy, energy efficiency and/or in development cooperation. Technical understanding about renewable energy and or energy efficiency is an asset.
- Previous professional experiences in the energy sector, favourably in the context of international development cooperation. Previous experiences with GIZ are an asset.
- Experiences in an intercultural and multi-lingual context gained by way of internships and/or academic exchanges. Experiences in developing countries are an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. German and/or Vietnamese are an asset.
- Strong MS Office, organisational and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated to learn and to contribute to a young and dynamic team of international and national staff with the aim to develop the power sector in Viet Nam, and willing to take on responsibility, work independently and efficiently and travel to project sites for work if necessary.
- Open-minded, friendly, adaptive, confident and passionate about renewable energy and international cooperation.
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
Please send your application including Cover letter, CV and relevant academic and employment certificates to email: email@example.com, with the email subject “Application for International Internship_GIZ Energy Support Programme”.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2017