Young Scientists from across the globe are been invited to apply for the International Young Scientists Summer Program in Austria, 2018, all applicants are by this announcement reminded to ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria as listed.
Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing research program.
Field(s): To talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. Following areas of programme will be considered: Advanced Systems Analysis, Energy, Evolution and Ecology, Ecosystem Services and Management, Mitigation of Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases, World Population, Risk Policy and Vulnerability, Transitions to New Technologies, Water.
Scholarship covers: Most of IIASA’s National Member Organizations (NMOs) provide special grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP. The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually it is EUR 1310 per month plus airfare. If you are not citizen of or resident in an NMO country you must find alternative funds (either from your home institution or other sources) to finance participation. IIASA will finance up to 3 candidates from developing countries which are not members of IIASA (IIASA’s annual fund; Petr Aven Fellowship for exceptional scientists from Russia).
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Young Scientists Summer Program is targeted for applicants from all countries are welcome.
To be eligible for the Young Scientists Summer Program candidates should meet the following criteria:
- you should have research experience corresponding to a level typical of a researcher about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD or equivalent degree.
- a summer research proposal that clearly fits the interdisciplinary research agenda of a selected IIASA program; before starting your application we recommend to get in touch with representatives of the program(s) of your choice.
- ability to work independently as well as to interact with other scientists;
- fluency in English and the ability to communicate in a scientific environment; and
- applicants from all countries are welcome. However, IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization (NMO)
- applicants must commit to staying for the entire program. Up to five days of leave may be approved by supervisors for participation in conferences and/or for personal reasons.
- candidates already holding a PhD degree by application deadline are asked to consider applying to IIASA’s postdoc program.
|‣ Applications should be submitted online. The following steps will guide you through the process:
Step 1: Create a new application
Step 2: Preparing your application
Step 3: Submit your application
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Registrations for the 2018 program are being accepted from 3 October 2017 – 11 January 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.