The University of Zurich in Switzerland is delighted to invite applications for the International UBS Center Full Scholarships,applicants are reminded to ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification
Level: PhD Degree –Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral studies at the Zurich Graduate School of Economics.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded within the Zurich Graduate School of Economics. While preference may be given to students whose research plans include areas of interest of the UBS International Center of Economics in Society, applications from all areas are welcomed.
Scholarship covers: The UBS Center Scholarships cover living expenses and all fees. The stipend covering living expenses is in line with the guidelines from the Swiss National Science Foundation, which currently stands at CHF 42’500 per year for first year PhD students, increasing to CHF 48’000 per year for third-year and fourth-year PhD students.
School(Institutions/ Country): the Zurich Graduate School of Economics | Switzerland
- UBS Center Full Scholarships are open to graduates from around the world, they are awarded to candidates on the grounds of outstanding academic merit and continuing support will be subject to satisfactory completion of course work.
- While preference may be given to students whose research plans include areas of interest of the UBS International Center of Economics in Society, applications from all areas are welcomed.
- Admission to the Zurich Graduate School of Economics is a pre-condition for being considered for a UBS Center Scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are free to choose their supervisor and have no mandatory duties beyond the completion of the course work and their doctorate.
Scholarship Application Method
Applicants need to apply for admission to the Zurich Graduate School of Economics (see details on the departmental webpage) where they indicate that they are applying for a UBS Center Scholarship.
In case of further questions about the UBS Center Scholarships please contact us through [email protected]
Level of study: PhD candidates
Number of awards: 3 (for entry in September 2018)
Value: Approx. CHF 42’500 p.a. plus tuition fees
Duration: 4 years
Closing date: January 31, 2018
Prof. Ernst Fehr and UBS Center Scholarship holder Jean-Michel Benkert
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.