The Umea University is making available Umea University Masters Scholarships to high-achieving and excellent students from outside the EU/EEA in the university.
They are part of the International Tuition-Waivers for Master Degree Students in Sweden 2020. Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
About Umea University Masters Scholarships
Umeå University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders. It creates interaction between research, education, collaboration and innovation that challenges boundaries and plays a crucial role in the region’s development.
The University is a dynamic meeting place that ensures the generation and dissemination of interdisciplinary knowledge. Creative environments attract students, researchers, teachers, and collaborating partners nationally and globally.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Level/Field of Study
Scholarships are available for pursuing a masters programme in the various fields of study offered in the university.
The scholarship is hosted in Sweden.
Scholarships offered are in the form of tuition waivers. Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
42 scholarships overall are for students from different disciplines, with an additional 20 students rank in reserve.
University welcomes you to apply for the scholarship if you have:
- A Umeå University programme as priority 1 at universityadmissions.se.
- your study application is ready before the application deadline.
- If English is not your first language, then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online. Applicants should fill out the scholarship form and submit the application together with other documents to University Admissions Sweden.
For documentation for all masters applicants to complete admission, students must provide only the following documents after submitting their online application.
- Certificates and diplomas of your bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized higher education institution (university or university college).
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester (including course list) from your bachelor’s program.
- Proof of English language skills.
- Proof that student meets the specific entry requirements (university’s website will have information regarding the specific entry requirements. So be sure to check there for the requirements).
- In order to speed up the processing of the application, University Admissions Sweden requires a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
The deadline for submission falls on March annually.
- International Students Mid Sweden University Masters Scholarship
- 75+ Scholarships in Sweden for International Students
- Newton International Fellowships for Early-Career Scientists in UK
- Lund University Global Scholarship
- Full Tuition SSE MBA Corporate Partner Scholarship | Sweden
- NAI African Scholar Programme in Sweden