International Studentships at the School of Business, Economics & Informatics in UK, 2017
The School of Business, Economics & Informatics at Birkbeck, University of London is offering full-time PhD studentships, starting in the academic year 2017/18. The School has 9 studentships to award: 5 fully-funded studentships and 4 fees-only studentships.
Birkbeck, University of London is a public research university located in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing full-time MPhil/PhD programme within the School of Business, Economics & Informatics.
Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in the field of Computer Science and Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics and Statistics, Management and Organizational Psychology,
Scholarship Award: Fully funded awards will include a fee waiver up to the value of the full-time home/EU rate for MPhil/PhD degrees in addition to an annual stipend set at Research Council rates (currently £16,553; pro-rata in the case of a part-time award).
Number of Scholarships: The School has 9 studentships to award: 5 fully-funded studentships and 4 fees-only studentships.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: University welcome applications from strong candidates with research interests in any field within the School of Business, Economics & Informatics, with a desire to pursue an academic career.
- Applications from students applying for an MPhil/PhD place in the Departments of Computer Science and Information Systems; Economics, Mathematics and Statistics; Management; and Organizational Psychology are eligible to apply for these awards.
- The competition is primarily open to new home/EU and international students who are applying for a full-time MPhil/PhD place.
- Applications for part-time study will be considered, at an appropriate pro-rata rate and extended duration.
Nationality: Studentships are open to home/EU and international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates will normally possess at least an upper second class undergraduate honours degree or equivalent, and a Masters Degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Once a student has applied online for the relevant MPhil/PhD in the normal way, download the BEI Research Studentships Application Form. Completed studentship application forms should be returned by email to the postgraduate administrator of the department in which you wish to study and be copied to BEI-studentships-at-bbk.ac.uk.
Application Deadline: Deadline for applications
- Computer Science and Information Systems – May 2, 2017
- Economics, Mathematics and Statistics – TBC
- Management – May 2, 2017
- Organizational Psychology – May 2, 2017