The United Nations is delighted to invite applicants for the International Students United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs Fellowship Programme 2018,eligible persons are welcome to be part of this program
The Drop Tower Experiment Series is a fellowship programme of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) in which students can learn and study microgravity science by performing experiments in a drop tower. The Bremen Drop Tower in Germany is a ground-based laboratory with a drop tube of a height of 146 meters, which can enable short microgravity experiments to be performed in various scientific fields, such as fluid physics, combustion, thermodynamics, material science and biotechnology.
Value of Award: The selected research team will be offered financial support exclusively for travel purposes. This may include the provision of most economical economy class round-trip air tickets between the participants’ international airport of departure and Bremen. En-route expenses or any changes made to the air tickets must be the responsibility of the participants.
Eligible Countries: UN Member Nations
To Be Taken At (Country): Bremen, Germany
- The DropTES Fellowship Programme is open to research teams from entities that are Member States of the United Nations. Teams should consist of up to four Bachelor, Master and/or PhD students who must be endorsed by an academic supervisor.
- It is further required that the proposed experiment be an integral part of the students’ syllabuses, that is, part of a Bachelor thesis, a Master thesis, a PhD thesis, or another form of research project associated with the applicants’ studies at the respective university.
How to Apply:
- The fully completed Application Form (.doc), properly endorsed by the applicant’s institution, should be emailed to [email protected] both in PDF format (.pdf) containing the signature page, and in MS WORD (.doc), no later than 31 January 2018.Please note that our email accounts only accept emails with a size limit of up to 10 MB.
- The applicants should also mail the fully completed original application form to the following address: Office for Outer Space Affairs, United Nations Office at Vienna, Vienna International Centre, P.O. BOX 500, A-1400 Vienna, AUSTRIA.
- UNOOSA will then proceed to evaluate each submission. At UNOOSA’s sole discretion, additional information may be requested from applicants, if necessary, to assist in the evaluation of an application. Selected applicants will then be notified with the results of the selection process. All awards are final and made at the sole discretion of UNOOSA, not subject to challenge or review.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018