SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
IFK(International Center for Cultural Studies) is calling for applications from interested students for Senior and Research Fellowships in Austria for the academic session of 2017. This scholarship is also open to both home and foreign students.
IFK(International Center for Cultural Studies), the University of Arts Linz is based on the principles of clarity, communication, and exchange of disciplines. The comprehensibility of its organization is not an end in itself, but is intended to give the guest researchers and young researchers the opportunity to get to know each other.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will be granted for one academic semester (1 October 2018–31 January 2019 or 1 March–30 June 2019). Fellowships entail a maximum monthly stipend of € 2,325 (€ 75 per day), office space at the IFK equipped with electronic facilities including internet access as well as one-time travel costs to and from Vienna and free accommodation in a studio apartment (40 m2 ). The IFK will not contribute to retirement or health benefits.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, institutional or departmental affiliation; although preference is given to applicants of international repute who have published significant papers in recognized journals and books that establish the author as a leading expert in his/her academic field.
- Applicants must have a Doctorate or a Ph.D. at the time of application. Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, institutional or departmental affiliation; although preference is given to qualified Austrian applicants.
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- The filled-in application form
- The research proposal (excluding bibliography), max. 1200 words (!)
- Tips for preparing your research proposal:
- Our reviewers appreciate legible, concise and well-organized material; we do not ask them to read applications that are not clearly typed or that exceed the prescribed length. The IFK will not consider applications that are incomplete or those that do not follow these guidelines.
- Guideline questions – try to answer the following questions while writing your proposal description:
- Describe your research question/hypothesis or research objective as precisely as possible.
- In short, what is the focus of your investigation?
- The formulation of a developed research question, hypothesis or research objective is an important characteristic of a successful proposal and should, therefore, be concisely articulated. Instead of presenting a vast research topic, applicants should develop answerable questions in the context of a larger research topic.
- How does your research build upon and go beyond existing scholarship in your scholarly field?
- The applicant should clearly demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the literature relevant to the topic of research and should indicate how the proposed research might advance previous work in the field.
- How – if at all – does your research proposal relate to the present IFK_research focus?
- Answering this question is compulsory for those applicants who do not submit “free projects” but research proposals within the research focus of the IFK.
- Which work program (methodology) is to be applied and which evidence will be assembled in order to answer your research question?
- Applicants are strongly advised to explicitly demonstrate that the methodological procedures proposed and the evidence collected will realistically support the research objectives expressed in question a).
- The goal of the IFK is to support original and innovative research in interdisciplinary studies of cultures and in the humanities. Please describe the interdisciplinary dimension of your research project.
- To be successful, applicants should emphasize the contribution of the proposed research, not only to the specific area of research being addressed, but also to the broader spectrum of interdisciplinary studies of cultures and in the humanities. Therefore, it is important to precisely formulate the interdisciplinary dimension of the research project.
- Core bibliography relevant to your research project (1 page maximum)
- Academic curriculum vitae/list of publications (5 pages maximum)
- Please submit the whole documentation as one PDF file via e-mail to Fellows-at-ifk.ac.at b
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 1, 2017.