Applications are available for Up to four fully-funded QAAFI PhD Scholarships (QPhDs) for domestic and international students at the University of Queensland. These scholarships are awarded for pursuing research in key strategical priority agricultural scientific fields.On Application, all candidate are also expected to ensure that the meet all the stated eligibility criteria or stand the risk of being disqualified
The Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI) is a world leading research institute, and among only a handful of similar scientific organisations anywhere in the world.
QAAFI’s mission is to significantly improve the competitiveness and sustainability of tropical and sub-tropical agriculture and food sectors through high-impact science.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing research programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in key strategical priority agricultural scientific fields.
Scholarship Award: Living allowance of $26,682 per annum (2017 rate), indexed annually, tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Number of Scholarships: Up to four QAAFI PhD scholarships are available to suitably qualified, high-achieving students.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- UQ Graduate School’s PhD eligibility requirements
- Meet the UQ Graduate School’s living scholarship requirements and be nominated by prospective Principal Advisor for a UQ Graduate School Scholarship
Suitably qualified applicants should contact potential QAAFI advisors directly to initiate a conversation about the key strategic priority areas and student-advisor match.
Nationality: Scholarships are available to domestic and international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To meet the Graduate School admissions requirements for a PhD you would need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with honours class IIA or better from approved universities, which should include a relevant research component.
- A research master’s degree
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which should include a relevant research component.
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The applicant must be invited by the prospective QAAFI Principal Advisor to submit an RHD admission application via the OLA (OnLine Application).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 25, 2017.