Internstional students who seeks to have a full time experience in IT are invited to apply for the International Students CERN Openlab Summer Program 2018, all applications in this regard must be submitted before the deadline and eligibility criteria must be met to the later.
About CERN Summer Program :
Benefit of Award:
- An allowance of 90 CHF per day during your contractual dates
- Travel allowance (on a lump sum basis)
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
- Health insurance scheme during the duration of your contract
- 9 weeks of stay – 40h/week
To Be Taken At (Country):
- You must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics (with a strong computing profile)
- You have completed, by summer 2018, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during summer 2018, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User…) for more than 3 months and you have not been a CERN summer student in the past.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Please apply online before the deadline (19th February 2018). Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail. The following documents MUST reach us before the deadline in order for your application to be considered.
- Proof of enrolment at a university for the current year
- Report on Candidate: Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to this report which has to be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor). In order to be considered, at least one new report must reach us before the deadline.The report on candidate needs to be less than 6 months old at the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The students are welcome to upload other relevant document(s) (e.g. academic records).
Application Deadline: 19th February 2018