SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been submitted for the International Students BGHS Start-up Scholarships in Germany 2018, all applications are to be submitted before the application deadline.
The BGHS awards six-month start-up scholarships to international MA graduates who would like to pursue a doctoral degree in history, sociology, anthropology, or political science. Recipients receive the opportunity to prepare a convincing proposal for a dissertation project.
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): history, sociology, anthropology or political science.
Scholarship covers: The grant consists of a stipend of 1,200 euros per month. This amount will be supplemented by an allowance for children if applicable. Upon application, travel costs can also be covered by the Graduate School. Moreover, the BGHS will offer a study programme tailored to the particular needs of international MA graduates. Scholarship holders will participate in workshops on German academia as well as on writing a project description. Frequent exchange with peer researchers, BGHS staff, and professors facilitates guidance and support during these six months. Scholarship holders will also take part in a German or English class at PunktUm.
School(Institutions/ Country): Bielefeld University | Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BGHS Start-up Scholarships are targeted for International applicants (Non German)
To be eligible to apply for BGHS Start-up Scholarships, you must:
- Graduates from abroad who wish to pursue a doctoral degree in history, sociology, anthropology, or political science may apply for a start-up scholarship. We welcome applications from pre-doctoral researchers.
- Applicants should speak either German or English. Neither German nationals nor foreigners with a tertiary education from a German university may apply.
- The start-up scholarships are meant to further networking with scientists at the BGHS, therefore no prolonged archival or research trips should take place during this period.
Scholarship Application Method
Applications should be submitted until January 15, 2018 via the online application portal.
‣ All application documents should be either in German or in English.
Please submit the following documents:
- Covering letter (600 words max.) (guidelines)
- Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.) (guidelines)
- Summary of your MA thesis (600 words max.)
- Project description (800 words max.) (guidelines)
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor/advisor at your university (If preferred, your supervisor/advisor can send the letter directly to the BGHS: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Master’s degree certificate + Master’s transcript of records (in case your Master’s degree certificate has not been issued yet, please submit a statement from your examination office that you have successfully completed your Master’s studies. All your grades, including the grade for your Master’s thesis, must be displayed in this statement). Please enclose a certified translation if your Master’s degree documents are not written in English or German.
Please read the FAQs carefully. They contain all important information on application requirements and procedures. Please also read the project description guidelines for information on formal design and content as well as the covering letter and curriculum vitae guidelines. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions: email@example.com..
Scholarship Applications are due on 15th January 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.