International students are been invited to apply for the International Students Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship in Netherlands 2018-19, eligible persons will be considered for the program
Level: Master’s degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available within the Amsterdam Law School, Economics and Business, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Child Development and Education, Graduate School of Communication, Graduate School of Humanities, Graduate School of Psychology and Graduate School of Social Sciences.
Scholarship covers: The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. There is the possibility of an extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes. The UvA will award up to 15 of these scholarships annually.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands | Netherlands
Candidiates wishing to apply for Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering, the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information, consult the DUO website). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible studiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO).
- You can apply for the Master’s programme and the AES scholarship simultaneously. Your Master’s application will be assessed before the AES deadline. In your application, clearly indicate that you are applying for the AES scholarship.
For more information about general application requirements, please consult the individual programme descriptions at www.uva.nl/education for Master’s study programmes taught in English.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time.
- An AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
- The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Notify the UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- the candidate’s academic records. Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply;
- the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- a letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- the quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components);
- the quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Offices of the Graduate Schools. Deadlines for the AES differ per Graduate School. You can find the specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria and application instructions on the Faculty or Graduate School websites.
Child Development and Education
Economics and Business
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : The AES application period runs from 1 November 2017 to 15 January 2018. Applications are made through the Admissions Offices of the graduate schools. Students who meet all the requirements can apply for the AES when they apply to their chosen Master’s programme. However, please be aware that the scholarship application deadline is 15 January 2017, which is earlier than the application deadline for most of the Master’s programmes.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.