Entries are now been accepted at The Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS Pavia and she is calling for applications from qualified persons for up to 23 PhD positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. Italian, as well as International (EU and Non-EU) students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. This scholarship is aimed at providing assistance for high achieving and highly motivated home and international students.
The University of Pavia is a university located in Pavia, Lombardy, Italy. The University of Pavia is one of the oldest universities in Europe. The University of Pavia is in a way unique not only because of its prestigious historical origins and top quality achievements but also due to its leading and promoting role in the so-called “Pavia System.
Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Positions are awarded for the following fields of study:
Uncertainty and Risk Assessment Area
PhD in Understanding and Managing Extremes
– curriculum in Earthquake Engineering and Seismology – curriculum in Weather, geological, chemical and environmental risk;
Cognitive, Social and Behavioural Sciences Area
- PhD in Cognitive Neurosciences and Philosophy of Mind
- PhD in Biological Science and Biotechnologies
Scholarship Award: The scholarships have the duration of the PhD Course of interest and are awarded for the 1st Year and confirmed on a yearly basis for admission to the subsequent year subject to the decision by the Teaching Board of the individual programmes. The annual amount of the scholarship is € 13.638,47, including National Social Security Contributions (INPS). This amount is exempt from the IRPEF tax and it is subject to the payment of National Social Security contribution (INPS “gestione separata”), of which two-thirds are paid by the administration and one-third by the PhD student.
Number of Scholarships: 23 positions available.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Candidates with the academic qualifications set forth below may take part in the selection process, without citizenship restrictions:
- Master degree
- Similar academic qualification obtained abroad, issued by an Academic Institution officially recognized that gives the admission to the PhD Programme in the foreign Country, just declared to be equivalent by the Italian authorities or recognized as comparable by the Admission Committee to the Italian qualification in terms of duration and content and deemed eligible for the purposes of taking part in the competition.
- Individuals who have not obtained their qualification by the announcement deadline but who will obtain it by 30th September may also take part in the selection process.
- Candidates holding a qualification obtained in Ital y
- All candidates holding an academic qualification obtained at an Italian University, whether they be EU citizens or citizens of Non-European Union Countries, are required to self-certify their qualification and are eligible for the selection process subject to verification of the self-certified declarations.
- Candidates holding a qualification obtained abroad ( EU and NON – EU Countries )
- All candidates holding a qualification obtained abroad (NON-EU Countries) are required to submit a legalized copy of their original degree certificate along with a translation unless written in English/French/Spanish. Admission to the Programme for candidates holding a foreign qualification obtained in a NON-EU Country is in any case conditional on verification of the qualification held, which is carried out on the basis of the “ Dichiarazione di valore in loco ” [ “ Declaration of local value”] issued by the Italian diplomatic mission competent in that territory. Candidates holding an academic degree awarded abroad in the EU Countries are required to submit the Diploma Supplement.
Nationality: Italian, as well as International (EU and Non-EU) students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
In order to enrol, admitted candidates shall submit the following documents to the Post-Graduate Office of the School:
a) Filled in and signed Enrollment form;
b) Tax Declaration form;
c) Signed copy of a valid Identity Card (ID);
d) One photo (passport size);
e) Copy of the Italian fiscal code card (if available);
f) Payment receipt of Tassa regionale diritto allo Studio ;
g) Candidates who awarded their second level Degree abroad: Declaration of Local Value (Dichiarazionedivalore ) or proof of request issue to competent authorities or Diploma Supplement;
h) Only for candidates having been awarded the second level Degree after the deadline of the competition and by 30/09/2017: Certificate or self-declaration of second level Degree, with grade, date and place of obtainment.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is August 23, 2017.