Offers are up for Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to undertake the degree of Master by Research or Doctorate by Research at the University of Western Australia. These scholarships are awarded to suitably qualified international students for round 2 2017.
The purpose of the RTP Scholarship is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to the University and to support Australia’s research effort.
The University of Western Australia is a research-intensive university in Perth, Australia that was established by an act of the Western Australian Parliament in February 1911, and began teaching students for the first time in 1913.
Course Level: Scholarships are to undertake the degree of Master by Research or Doctorate by Research at the University of Western Australia.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships cover International Tuition Fees for up to four (4) years, as well as Overseas Student Health Cover for the award holder and their dependents. Successful applicants may also be awarded an International Postgraduate Living Allowance Scholarship, valued at AUD29,000 per annum.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships
- Applications for international postgraduate research scholarships at UWA are rated according to the following criteria: (a) Academic achievement; (b) English language achievement; and (c) Research experience.
- Allocation of scholarships is the outcome of a competitive ranking and selection process in which applications are scored and ranked by Schools, Faculties and the University Scholarships Committee, according to these common criteria and on the basis of evidence provided.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: On the recommendation of the appropriate head of school, students within the following categories will normally be permitted to enrol in a master’s research program, provided that appropriate supervision and other required resources are available:
- Holders of a degree of bachelor with at least upper second class honours from an approved university
- Graduates of UWA (or equivalent) who can satisfy the Board of the Graduate Research School that they have undertaken adequate research preparation since graduation
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): They must have completed or hold
- Bachelor’s degree with 2A honours or better (or an equivalent qualification) from an approved university
- Master’s degree by research from an approved university
English Language Requirement: English is the language of instruction and assessment across The University of Western Australia. Students must meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible for a place.
How to Apply: Applications for a new RTP stipend, allowance or fees offset need to be made directly to a participating university eligible universities web page). Universities are responsible for managing the RTP application, selection and offer process.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.