SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
International researchers are invited to apply for the WorldFish Post Doctoral Fellowship 2018,to be held in Malaysia. All applications are to be submitted before the deadline and all applicants are to ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria as listed.
Value of Award:
- This position is co-funded by WorldFish and Cefas and classified as an Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) position, based at WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia, with annual salary ranging between USD 42,000 – USD 46,000 per annum.
- WorldFish’s IRS receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) housing allowance*, relocation and repatriation assistance*, dependent education allowance*, home leave entitlement*, comprehensive insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension/provident fund contribution.
To Be Taken At (Country): WorldFish’s HQ in Penang, Malaysia with significant travel to various countries in Africa, Asia and Pacific as well as to Weymouth, UK and project partner Cefas, UK.
Eligible Countries: All
- PhD in aquatic animal health (e.g. pathology, diagnostics, genetics, epidemiology, etc).
- At least three years related research experience demonstrating deep technical and communication (peer-reviewed publications, presentations) skills in aquaculture and aquatic animal health
- Demonstrable ability to perform critical thinking on research issues in complex logistical or organisational settings.
- Experience in fish health and/or disease (field sampling, pathology, molecular diagnostics).
- Knowledge of aquatic epidemiology (e.g. experience in the use of epidemiological models and software for statistical analyses) and, socio-economic impact assessments.
- Strong commitment to work on research with implications for FISH CRP and, its development outcomes and impact.
- Strong ethical commitment to organisational values of WorldFish and Cefas.
- Familiarity with software for data capture, storage, retrieval and analyses of data.
- Strong project and time management skills (incl. graduate student supervision).
- Ability and willingness to travel and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong publications and resource mobilization track record.
- Experience with the private sector and/or international organizations.
- Relevant working experience in developing countries.
- Knowledge in “big data” applications and tools for disease surveillance and diagnostics.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 15 October 2017:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2017
Award Providers: WorldFish