SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Postdoctoral Positions Associate training opportunities available within the Center for Human Disease Modeling (CHDM). Research topics can be chosen based on the interests and background of the individual candidate. Positions will be offered with a renewable one-year appointment with the expectation of at least a three-year term.
The ideal candidates will be accomplished, highly motivated, and creative scientists with interests in at least one of the three following areas: 1) understanding the architecture of human genetic disease; 2) investigating the mechanisms underlying disease processes and pathomechanism, and 3) identification of novel therapeutic paradigms for inherited disorders. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with unique patient cohorts; cell-based, zebrafish and/or mouse models; and cutting-edge molecular and imaging technologies in a state-of-the-art facility.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, colour, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke also makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
- Application Deadline: Contact employer
- Course Level: The positions are available to pursue Postdoctoral
- Study Subject: Research topics can be chosen based on the interests and background of the individual candidate. Positions will be offered with a renewable one-year appointment with the expectation of at least a three-year term. Potential projects include, but are not limited to the following research themes:
- Genetic and functional investigation of rare structural birth defects
- Functional study of novel candidate genes that cause gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) abnormalities
- Cis complementation and phenotype modifier phenomena in ciliopathies
- Dissection of copy number variants in neuroanatomical traits
- Mechanistic study of inherited kidney disorders affecting renal structure or function
- Investigation of novel genes underlying treatment-resistant schizophrenia
- Therapeutic target discovery in rare pediatric disorders
- Scholarship Award: Positions are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International
- Entrance Requirements: Ideal candidates will have a recent PhD in the life sciences (less than 2 years of postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred), or who anticipate completion of their degree prior to starting the position. Previous experience in genetics; cell, molecular, or computational biology; botany; zoology or other directly related scientific fields are desirable but not required. Qualifying competencies include strong verbal and written English language skills, excellent organizational skills, motivation, and creativity.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
- Applicants can apply through the online processor.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement