Studentships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Field of study:
Studentships are for Islamic Studies: Islamic Civilisation or Muslims in Europe.
Each studentship will cover the tuition fee, a living allowance of £14,553 for 2018-19 (increasing in-line with Research Council UK rates thereafter) and a yearly research budget of £1000.
To be taken in(Country):
University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Number :
Up to two studentships are available.
International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate and Masters degree in a relevant subject
- have research skills
- Ability to undertake research which may involve both the study of texts and be engaging with individuals and communities
- Able to work in a team
- Diplomacy, including religious, cultural and political sensitivity
- The ability to work to deadlines
- A willingness to be flexible and work non-standard hours.
- Experience in conducting and explaining research to a wide variety of audiences, both within and beyond a university context.
- Knowledge of a relevant language (e.g. Arabic, Persian)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in designing material for websites
- skills working with the media
- University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre.
12th April 2018
Applications for the PhD should be via the online admissions portal by clicking the link below:
- PhD in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies
- For applicants whose first language is not English, evidence of English language proficiency is needful. Click here for further details.
- Studentship applications should include a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and an outline research proposal (circa 1200 words). Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for guidelines on how to write a suitable PhD research proposal.
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link
To access other opportunities, click PhD Scholarships