Brunel University International MBA Scholarships
The Brunel University in London, UK is glad to announce its International MBA Scholarships for Full time and part-time students, who are seeking for financial assistance in their studies.
These prestigious scholarships are for UK/EU and international applicants joining the Brunel MBA in January 2020 of the 2020 academic year.
Brunel University London, founded in 1966, is a university located in Uxbridge, London, United Kingdom. It was named after the Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel and in 2016, Brunel celebrated 50 years as a university.
Brunel is organized into three colleges – Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences; Business, arts, and social sciences; and health and life sciences – and three major research institutes – energy futures and environment; health and societies; and materials and manufacturing.
Brunel is a campus-based university, which means students are never more than 10 minutes away from halls of residence, social and sports facilities, lecture theatres, or the library.
It is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the European University Association, and Universities UK.
Brunel is just a tube ride away from the bustling city of London, making it a go-to for students wishing to experience a variety of cultural and social activities.
Its students have access to specialist laboratories for electronic imaging; bioprocessing and experimental techniques; flight; driving and train simulators; and a 3D body scanner.
Many undergraduate students may also choose to undertake practical placements and projects as a part of their courses in the form of a sandwich year.
A yearly design exhibition is held by Brunel’s Department of Design called ‘Made In Brunel’ to promote and showcase the work of final year students to the rest of the design industry.
What You Need to Know:
Successful awardees of the Brunel MBA Scholarships will be expected to undertake specified duties as Brunel Ambassadors for the Brunel Business School (BBS).
These Activities might involve representing the MBA program at internal and external marketing and recruitment events, providing guest talks and seminars to undergraduate/postgraduate students, providing reports on each event and writing a Brunel MBA Blog and/or other initiatives as appropriate.
In addition, awardees will also be expected to assume mentoring responsibilities as required by BBS.
Level/Field of Study:
The International MBA scholarships at Brunel University is available to Full-time and Part-time MBA students.
The International MBA scholarships at Brunel University is to be taken in the UK.
The Brunel MBA scholarships are available to UK, EU, and International students.
- The Full-time Brunel MBA Scholarship offers a £6,500 tuition fee waiver for one year only.
- The Part-Time Brunel MBA Scholarship (Corporate/Private sector) offers a £9,000 tuition fee waiver for a maximum of two years only, split equally across both academic years, £4,500 per year.
- The Part-Time Brunel MBA Scholarship (Public/Government) offers an £11,000 tuition fee waiver for a maximum of two years only, split equally across both academic years, £5,500 per year.
Number Of Scholarship: We are offering 30 scholarships for the full-time MBA and 20 for the part-time MBA program
To be eligible for the International MBA scholarships at Brunel, applicants must:
- Apply and fulfill the entry criteria for admission to the Brunel full-time or part-time MBA program.
- Be in receipt of an offer to study on a full-time or part-time MBA program starting in January 2020.
- Complete the Brunel MBA scholarship application form comprising of an essay of no more than 500 words and a supporting statement.
- Throughout the application year, applicants will normally be interviewed by members of the MBA team to assess motivation and contribution to the cohort.
Part Time Brunel MBA only scholarship:
- The part-time MBA scheme is open to successful applicants with relevant valid UK resident status for the expected program duration, upon enrolment. The applicant will be asked to provide evidence of this where it is not clear.
- For the purpose of the MBA scholarship an organization which is controlled by a national, state or provincial/local government authority, it will be considered as a public sector entity. The corporate sector is the part of a country’s economic system that is run by individuals and/or companies, rather than by the government. In addition, part-time MBA applicants are required to submit documentary evidence of their work experience during their application, the applicants should provide confirmation letters from the employers. The employer’s letter will need to exhibit the nature and kind of the organization that the applicant works for. The public/private sector differentiation and the value of the award will be calculated accordingly.
Those not eligible for this Scholarship:
- Applicants entering a course with London Brunel International College (LBIC), or who are progressing to a Brunel course from an LBIC course.
- Applicants entering a course with the Brunel Language Centre.
- Applicants who will not commence their course in the upcoming academic year – applicants holding offers for deferred entry will be considered for a bursary in the year they start their course and not in the year of their course application.
Applicants applying for the scholarship must pass a rigorous selection and a transparent evaluation process which includes a written essay as well as an interview conducted by the members of the BBS Scholarship Committee. All scholarship applications will be assessed rigorously against a set of standard criteria.
All applications will be reviewed on a regular basis throughout the year by the MBA Scholarship Committee.
The committee members will be responsible for initiating and managing the communication with the applicants, alongside the marketing team. They will be screening and assessing the applications and submit their recommendation to the committee. The committee will be responsible for producing a final list for eligible awardees.
- Applications for scholarships will be considered on the balance of eligibility criteria met by each applicant.
- The Panel will seek applicants from a wide range of industries and sectors. Preference may be given to those who specify an interest in undertaking one of the program specializations (Health Care Management and Aviation Management).
The decision of the allocation panel is final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the MBA Scholarship Committee.
Scholarships will be allocated twice a year. In August/September for the September intake and in December for the January intake.
Conditions of fee waiver:
- Scholarships are awarded for the academic year 2020 only and cannot be deferred. Applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies. Applicants wishing to defer entry from September to January will retain the award if they defer by November 2020.
- Fee waivers will only apply to students who have enrolled at the University on the MBA full-time or Part-Time program and will apply in year 1 only of the full-time program and for a maximum of two years only, split equally across both academic years for the part-time program.
- Awarded scholars are excluded from all other scholarships and tuition fee waivers with the exception of the Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship and Prompt Payment Discount.
The order of discounts will be applied as follow:
- 15% Scholarship
- 15% Graduate discount
- 2% Prompt payment discount (if applicable)
Further information about tuition fee discounts can be found in the Student Financial Policy.
- Successful applicants will be required to be Brunel Ambassadors for the Brunel Business School (BBS). Scholarship winners will be contacted by the MBA or Marketing team as and when participation is required.
Withdrawal of scholarship:
- Misleading information: The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- Mode of Attendance Change: If a student transfers to a course of study outside the MBA Full-Time program, including the Part-Time MBA program, the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- Changing course: If a student transfers to a course outside the MBA program the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Change of employment sector: Employer sector used to determine the scholarship award will be considered at the point of application/enrolment. Any subsequent change to the sector of employment will not be considered for a change in scholarship award.
- Amendment of Fee Waivers: Fee waivers are applied at the start of the academic year as part/all of a scholarship entitlement and will not be amended once the fee waiver has been processed. Any tuition fee liability remaining after fee waivers are applied would, therefore, be calculated in accordance with the Student Financial Policy.
- Abeyance/Temporary Withdrawal: A student who takes a period of temporary withdrawal (abeyance) and who is in receipt of a scholarship award would cease to receive scholarship payments whilst temporarily withdrawn. Scholarship payments made prior to temporarily withdrawing will not generally be requested to be repaid and remaining payments would generally be paid once the student returns to complete that level of study.
- Suspension of Study: Should a student be suspended for any reason, scholarship payments would be withdrawn and consideration of reinstatement will be dependent on the disciplinary outcome.
- Repeat/Extended Study: Repeat periods of study, and periods of temporary withdrawal that result in extended periods of study, are not supported by additional scholarship payments. Scholarship entitlement is for the maximum duration of each award and entitlement is not extended if overall course duration alters.
- Withdrawal from Study: A student who withdraws from their program prior to completion and who is in receipt of a scholarship award will not normally be requested to repay scholarship payments made up to the point of withdrawal; however, entitlement to all future scholarship payments and/or adjustments, cease immediately a student withdraws.
To apply for Brunel International Scholarships for MBA students, applicants should
- First, apply for the MBA program in the usual way and before the course application deadline.
- Applicants must complete the MBA scholarship application form before the final deadline.
The application will comprise of an essay of no more than 500 words explaining why the applicant would make a good ambassador for the Brunel MBA. The candidate should describe how their academic study, professional experience, and other activities merit the award.
In addition, the personal statement provided with the MBA application will be used to evidence and identify a career trajectory and aspiration for senior management/leadership in their company or sector (e.g. Senior Manager, Director or Board-level position).
The application for Full Time & Part Time Brunel International Scholarships for MBA students must be submitted by Friday 15 December 2018.
Late applications will not be considered.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- STUDY IN KEIO UNIVERSITY: ADMISSION, TUITION FEES, SCHOLARSHIPS, COURSES, AND RANKING
- University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme UK 2020– APPLY
- khalifa university: Scholarships, Admission, Courses Offered, Tuition Fee, Ranking.
- Study in the University of Pretoria: Admission, Ranking, Scholarships, Courses & Tuition Fees
- University of St Andrews Fully Funded Ph.D. Studentships for UK/EU Students
- Fully-Funded International Ph.D. Scholarships at the University of Konstanz in Germany, 2020
- University of Cambridge Ph.D. Studentship in Biology UK, 2020
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Full-Time Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships 2020
- 25 University of Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships in UK, 2018
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH