As a freshman, getting a scholarship is not very easy because of the battle for the few available positions. However, you have access to scholarship opportunities available through the Dixie State University International Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Dixie State University USA, 2020.
About Dixie State University
Dixie State University is a public comprehensive university committed to rigorous learning and the enrichment of the professional and personal lives of its students and community. They achieve their objectives by providing opportunities that engage the unique Southern Utah environment and resources.
About the International Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Dixie State University
The International Freshmen Merit Scholarship is a merit-based tuition waiver for new F-1 undergraduate, degree-seeking international students admitted directly into a university bachelor’s degree program.
These scholarships are available for students pursuing an undergraduate programme.
Field of Study:
The Freshmen Merit Scholarships are available in any course of choice in the university.
The award is for $4,500 for the first academic year; $2,250 for the first fall and $2,250 for the first spring semester of enrolment and is applicable to tuition only.
Country of Study:
The International Freshmen Merit Scholarships programme will take place in the United States.
The total number of awards under this scholarship is not specific.
All International Students are eligible to be beneficiaries under the International Freshmen Merit Scholarships.
All interested applicants;
- Must be a new F-1 undergraduate, degree-seeking international students applying to Dixie State University.
- Has to possess citizenship of the United States.
- Must be an international student who meets the following criteria: 3.0 GPA or equivalent OR ACT score of 26+ OR SAT score of 1240+
- Has to maintain a minimum of 3.2 GPA each semester.
- Must possess English proficiency scores (TOEFL – 68, IELTS – 6.0 OR evidence of primary language of instruction in high school is English
The application deadline for The International Freshmen Merit Scholarships is July 1, 2020
The mode of applying is online. Click here to Apply at the Official Portal