SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are been accepted currently for the 2017 CIPHER Research Grant Programme in Sweden,all applicants are to ensure they comply with the eligibility criteria
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is the federal government agency for scientific research in Australia. Its chief role is to improve the economic and social performance of industry, for the benefit of the community.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of data Analytics, fisheries, behaviour and criminology.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- AU $80K – AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, including but not limited to Statistics, Criminology, Applied Ecology, Biodiversity Conservation, Fisheries, or Psychology.
- Excellent analytical skills (programming in R, experience with GAMs, GLMs, GIS, data manipulation with large, complex datasets), interpretation.
- Strong science communication skills as evidenced by publication record.
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of data in the project domain.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Please apply for this position online. You may be asked to provide additional information (online) relevant to the selection criteria. If so, then responding will enhance your application so please take the time to provide relevant succinct answers. Applicants who do not provide the information when requested may not be considered.
- To be appointed as a Postdoctoral Fellow within CSIRO, candidates are required to have submitted their PhD at the time of commencement, as a minimum requirement, if PhD conferment has not been obtained. If a candidate has submitted, but their PhD has not yet been formally attained, the starting salary will be CSOF4-1 ($80,833). Upon CSIRO receiving written confirmation that the PhD has been awarded (within a six month period from commencement date), the salary will be increased to the negotiated level and the difference will be back-paid to the Officer’s start date.
- Other special requirements:
- Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including security/medical/character clearance requirements. Applicants who are not Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents may be required to undergo additional security clearance processes; which may include medical examinations and an international standardised test of English language proficiency (i.e. IELTS test).-
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 26, 2017.