Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER) awards Surgery Fellowship to outstanding medical students. The fellowship is open for international students to participate in elective preoperative patient evaluations, operative procedures, postoperative care and emergency colorectal conditions.
The aim of the fellowship is to give the opportunity to participate in the surgical care of patients with a wide variety of colorectal pathology.
Applicants work closely with Mayo Clinic’s 10 colon and rectal surgeons. Applicants participate in elective preoperative patient evaluations, operative procedures, postoperative care and emergency colorectal conditions.
Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- To be eligible for the International Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship in Rochester, Minnesota, you must have successfully completed a general surgery residency program. If you are an international medical graduate who has completed your general surgery residency outside the United States or Canada, you are eligible to apply for this one-year non-accredited fellowship.
- Also, see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
- International applicants can apply for the fellowship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Applicants can apply via email.
All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include the following application materials:
- Photograph of yourself
- Official medical school transcripts
- A copy of your medical school diploma
- A valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside the United States)
- Medical school performance evaluation (MSPE) — “dean’s letter”Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, ABSITE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- USMLE Steps 1, 2 CK and 2 CS (Step 3 is only required if applicants are seeking H-1B sponsorship)
- A program director’s letter of recommendation
- At least two other letters of recommendation, in addition to the program director’s letter
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- To apply, contact [email protected]
Application Deadline: July 15, 2017