SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
CFR International Affairs Fellowships in USA ,is accepting entries for the fellowship program and entries will be on submission till July 1 and October 31 on an annual basis. This fellowship program is only open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents between the ages of twenty-seven and thirty-five who are eligible to work in the United States.All applicants are encouraged to see the eligibility criteria and ensure that they are all met as stated.
‣ Launched in 1967, the CFR International Affairs Fellowships (IAF) is a distinguished program offered by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) to assist mid-career scholars and professionals in advancing their analytic capabilities and broadening their foreign policy experience.
‣ The program aims to strengthen career development by helping outstanding individuals acquire and apply foreign policy skills beyond the scope of their professional and scholarly achievements.
‣ The distinctive character of the IAF Program lies in the contrasting professional experiences fellows obtain through their twelve months appointment.
‣ Selected fellows from academia and the private sector spend fellowship tenures in public service and policy-oriented settings, while government officials spend their tenures in a scholarly atmosphere free from operational pressure.
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA (Approximately half of the selected IAFs each year spend their tenures working full-time in government; the remaining half are placed at academic institutions, think tanks, or nonprofit organizations).
Level: 12 month fellowship program
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded to assist mid-career scholars and professionals in advancing their analytic capabilities and broadening their foreign policy experience
Deadline: between July 1 and October 31 on an annual basis.
Funded By: The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CFR International Affairs Fellowships are targeted for US citizens and permanent residents
‣ Award No: Approximately ten fellowships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the fellowship is twelve months, preferably beginning in September. Though deferment is not an option, requests to do so, for up to one year only, will be considered on a case-by-case basis and under special circumstances.
‣ Scholarship covers: The program awards a stipend of $85,000. Fellows are considered independent contractors rather than employees of CFR, and are not eligible for employment benefits, including health insurance.
‣ The CFR International Affairs Fellowships are only open to US citizens and permanent residents between the ages of twenty-seven and thirty-five who are eligible to work in the United States.
‣ CFR does not sponsor for visas.
‣ While a PhD is not a requirement, selected fellows generally hold an advanced degree and possess a strong record of work experience as well as a firm grounding in the field of foreign policy.
‣ The program does not fund pre- or postdoctoral research, work toward a degree, or the completion of projects for which substantial progress has been made prior to the fellowship period.
‣ Selection as an IAF is based on a combination of the following criteria: scholarly qualifications, achievements and promise, depth and breadth of professional experience, firm grounding in foreign policy and international relations, and an application proposal that focuses on solutions to identified problems in U.S. foreign policy.
‣ Applicants are encouraged to plan a systematic approach to assessing the major substantive and process issues of their planned research.
‣ The proposal will be judged on the proposed work’s originality, practicality, potential, likelihood of completion during the fellowship period, and the contribution it will make to the applicant’s individual career development.
‣ The selection process is highly competitive.
‣ CFR’s Fellowship Affairs Office processes the applications, and the IAF selection committee reviews all applications to identify the most promising candidates.
‣ About one-third of the most qualified applicants are selected as finalists to be interviewed by several IAF selection committee members.
‣ Based on the overall application and the results of the interviews, the selection committee chooses approximately ten finalists to be fellows.
‣ Candidates who are selected as IAF finalists will be notified between December and January, with finalist interviews scheduled in Washington, DC, and New York City between January and February.
‣ Official selections and announcement of IAF awards will be made between February and March.
Scholarship Application Method
Interested candidates who meet the program’s eligibility requirements can apply online between July 1 and October 31 on an annual basis. Candidates who are selected as IAF finalists will be notified in January, with finalist interviews scheduled in Washington, DC, and New York City between January and February. Official selections and announcement of IAF awards will be made in March.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are submitted between July 1 and October 31 on an annual basis.