Applicants are invited for the The International Center for Theoretical Physics Associateship Scheme For Developing Countries 2018, hurry now and apply!!
The ICTP Associateship Scheme was created at the very inception of the Centre. It represents one of the means through which the vocation of the ICTP for the promotion and the development of scientific knowledge in Third World Countries has concretely been applied to reality. In particular the Associateship Scheme enables individual scientists to maintain long term formal contacts with the stimulating and active scientific environment of the Centre.
Type :Associate-ship Scheme
Eligible countries: developing Countries
The number and length of those visits depends on the age of the scientist:
- Up to age 35: scientists in this age range are considered as Junior Associates and are entitled to visit ICTP three times for stays of between 30 and 60 days each;
- Age 36 to 45: scientists in this age range are considered as Regular Associates and are entitled to the same number of visits as a Junior Associate;
- Age 45 to 65: scientists over the age of 45 are considered Senior Associates and are entitled to a lump sum of money that can be used for unlimited visits to ICTP of up to 60 days each.
Identification and Selection of Candidates.
Prospective candidates should complete the relevant on- line application form.
- All applications which are usually (but not exclusively) submitted by scientists who had some interaction with ICTP (typically participants in Courses and Workshops) are divided according to the fields of interest and age of the applicants and submitted to the attention of the appropriate ICTP scientific committees which normally meet once a year and on such occasion prepare a priority list of candidates.
- Awards are granted respecting the geographical distribution of the nominees as well as the number of Associate awards expiring per research field.
- Selected Associates receive a letter of award, signed by the ICTP Director and their details are published on the Office’s web site.
– ASTROPARTICLE PHYSICS
|– MATHEMATICS (APPLIED)|
– MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS
– MEDICAL PHYSICS
– MICROELECTRONICS AND SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTATION
– NUCLEAR PHYSICS
– PLASMA PHYSICS
– QUANTITATIVE LIFE SCIENCES
– QUANTUM INFORMATION
– TELECOMMUNICATIONS/ICT FOR DEVELOPMENT LAB.
- The Associateship Scheme covers travel costs and provides a living allowance for developing-world scientists to visit ICTP several times over a six-year period.
Junior Associateships are intended for promising young scientists up to the age of 35. The award lasts for six-years and entitles them to spend from
30 to 60 days at the Centre, three times during the validity of the award, with fare and living allowance covered by the Associateship. After the three visits are completed, should the Associate Member still have a certain number of days remaining from his 180 day allocation, then he/she is entitled to visit the ICTP with living expenses covered.
Regular Associates between the age of 36-45 are entitled to visit for 30 to 60 days, three times in a period of six years. For three visits the Centre provides their fare and a living allowance. After the three visits are completed, should the Associate Member still have a certain number of days remaining from his 180 day allocation, then he/she is entitled to visit the ICTP with living expenses covered.
All candidates over the age of 45 will automatically be considered for a Senior Associateship award. However, a Senior Associateship may be granted to candidates below the age of 45 who opt to apply only in this category by stating this very clearly on their application form, in the section ‘Other Information’. The upper age limit for Senior Associates is 65 at the time of the award. The Centre places at their disposal a lump sum to be spent on Associateship visits during the six-year period of their appointment.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2018
For More Information: