Designed by the Giovani nel Mondo Association, The International Careers Festival aims to have talented students and recent graduates meet with hundreds of international opportunities. You might be just a single click from the opportunity that will change your whole life! Join thousands of young people from around the world and take part in a one-of-a-kind festival.
Eligible Fields of Study: These are suggested fields of academic study:
- RomeMUN: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, POLITICAL SCIENCE, LAW, COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT.
- Rome Business Game: ECONOMICS, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING, COMPUTER ENGINEERING, STUDENTS/GRADUATES OF POLYTECHNICAL INSTITUTIONS.
- Rome Press Game: COMMUNICATION, LANGUAGES, LITERATURE, PHILOSOPHY, TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION
- International Careers Course: ALL FACULTIES WELCOME TO APPLY
Value of Scholarship: Partial or Full.
Scholarships DO NOT cover travel expenses. Many students who could not afford to come to our events would use crowdfunding sites to try and pay for fees and/or flights.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Rome, Italy
Above all, the festival gives a unique opportunity for interaction and networking between brilliant young people, institutions, companies, NGOs, international organizations, and television and radio networks. It’s your time to get involved!
The Festival is composed of four main projects:
- Rome Model United Nations – It’s your turn to practice diplomacy with the simulation of the United Nations. Recommended for students interested in the topic, especially of international relations, diplomacy, political science or law.
- Rome Business Game – It’s your time to take the challenge! Take part in a simulation of business realities involving case study competitions. If you study economics, business, management, marketing, computer science or if you are curious about this topic you are more than welcome to join.
- Rome Press Game – This is the place where journalism and media (the web, tv, radio) simulation happens. It’s your time to play! Sign up today, especially if you study communication, media, translation and interpretation, literature or philosophy.
- International Careers Course – Provides you guidance course filled with practical workshops for a successful international career. Sounds exciting? It’s your time to learn!
You are free to choose the one most suited to your academic background, professional aspirations or general interest.
- High school students in their last two years
- undergraduate, postgraduate, I or II Level Master’s and doctorate students
- students who have graduated (no more than a year after receiving their diploma)
The scholarships, for which all those interested must apply before the 9th of December 2016, will be awarded after an analysis and selection by the Research Committee of the Giovani nel Mondo Association.
Once you have completed the Application form, you will be given access to your reserved section of the International Careers Festival’s website and must become a member of the Association by paying the annual membership fee of 15 euros. Once you have uploaded your payment receipt to your account, you will have access to the online English Language test. To apply for a scholarship, it is necessary to pass the test with a score of 90/100. If your score is equal to/over 90/100, you will have access to the scholarship application where you must answer a series of questions, upload your CV, and write an essay.
The scholarships are very competitive, therefore we recommend that you apply for a scholarship in the case that you cannot attend the event without one or if you believe you have all the required qualifications.
How to Apply:
The online application process for the various projects is simple and straightforward. It allows participants to choose the program best suited to their academic background to launch their careers and take advantage of one of the many scholarships available.
In order to take part in the festival, your English language skills must be at least B1. To complete the application, you must either take an online English test or upload a certificate confirming your level of English.
Finally, you have to submit the application form and pay the participation fee, either the whole amount or in two installments.
You may also apply for a scholarship to cover all programme expenses.
- Deadline for scholarship applications: 15th December, 2017
- First deadline for applications and admission tests: December 22th 2017
- If there are vacancies after the first deadline, there will be a second deadline of January 26th, 2018.