Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Embu
The University of Embu (UoEm) invites suitably qualified students to apply for its internally funded postgraduate scholarships. This Embu scholarship package will cover tuition fees and stipend for the duration of the study. Also, the scholarships are open to all UoEm graduates.
The University of Embu is a Kenyan Chartered University with a mission is to generate, advance and disseminate knowledge through training, research, and innovation for the development of humanity.
The University of Embu (UoEm) was established as a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi via a Legal Notice No. 65 of 17th June 2011 by His Excellency the President. EUC is the successor of the former Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College which started in 1947 as an agricultural training school and was later renamed Embu Institute of Agriculture in 1968.
This institute was upgraded to Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College in 1990 and charged with the mandate of developing and implementing short management and technical courses, as well as offer research and consultancy services to enhance performance in the agricultural sector.
It remained this way until June 2011 when it was converted to Embu University College through a Legal Notice No. 65 of 17th June 2011. The EUC council was inaugurated by President Mwai Kibaki after the upgrade from Embu Agricultural Staff Training (EAST) College. Friday, 7th October 2016 became a historic day for Embu University College.
This day marked the transition of the Institution from a Constituent College of UoN to a full-fledged University. The University of Embu was formally awarded a Charter by H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta at a colorful function held at Statehouse, Nairobi.
The objective of the University is to play a leading role in the development and expansion of the opportunities for higher education and research in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Water, and Biological and Physical sciences.
What You Need To Know:
The Embu postgraduate scholarship cuts across four schools in the University which include the School of Agriculture, the school of Pure and Applied Sciences, the School of Business and Economics, and the School of Education and Social Sciences.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The Embu internally funded scholarship is available to pursue the following Postgraduate Programmes listed below in their various Schools:
School of Agriculture
- Master of Science in Agricultural Resource Management
- Master of Science in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Master of Science in Agricultural Extension
School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- Master of Science in Plant Ecology
- Master of Science in Computer Science
School of Business and Economics
- Master of Business Administration
School of Education and Social Sciences
- Master of Education
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
The Embu postgraduate scholarships available to the above-listed Schools are to be taken in Kenya.
This postgraduate scholarship is available to Kenya students.
The Embu scholarship package covers full tuition fees and stipends for the duration of the study.
Applicants for the internally funded Embu postgraduate scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants MUST be UoEm graduates.
- The scholarships are open to all UoEm graduates.
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of Second Class Honors (Upper Division) in a relevant degree from the University of Embu.
- Applications forms can be obtained from the University website at www.embuni.ac.ke, the office of the Registrar (Academics, Research and Extension) or the Admissions Office, University of Embu.
- Applications should reach the Registrar (Academics, Research and Extension) on or before 5th September.
How To Apply:
Applicants for the Embu Internally funded scholarships are expected to fill the online application form in the link provided below.
Here is other information regarding the application for the Embu postgraduate scholarships:
- This form should be completed in duplicate.
- The applicant should submit one copy of the filled-in form to the office of the Registrar (ARE) and retain the second copy.
- The applicant must attach a copy of the undergraduate degree certificate or letter of completion.
The deadline for applying for the Embu scholarship is September 05, 2019.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- BI Master of Science Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students – Norway(Opens in a new browser tab)
- University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2019(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Government Of Hungary Scholarship 2019-2020 [APPLY NOW](Opens in a new browser tab)