Applications are currently accessible for Internal medicine scholarship in the royal college of physicians online program,international students who have shown interest in the area of Internal medicine are encouraged to apply, and eligibility criteria applies.
The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE) is an independent body dedicated to improving the practice of medicine, chiefly through the accreditation of physicians by examination. This Professional body was Founded in 1518.
(RCPE) in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh, invites applicants for three types of RCPE Scholarships: The RCPE Turner Scholarship, 75% Scholarships and 50% Scholarships from students worldwide.
The MSc in Internal Medicine is an on-line distance learning course. Students ‘ll be adequately tutored about medical education.
Eligible physicians who are international medical graduates are encouraged to apply for this excellent opportunity to gain experience from one of foremost postgraduate Colleges of medicine in the world.
Applicants must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of least 7.0 (for applicants whose native language is not English), with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
- Be self-funding (support from friends and relatives is acceptable)
- Be a resident citizen in a qualifying country (see below)
- For the full and 75% scholarships – not have studied in a developed country previously (though applicants who have are welcome to apply for the 50% scholarships)
- Have been accepted onto the MSc
As listed out below.
COLLEGE ADMISSION REQUIREMEMNT
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will need a medical degree, relevant clinical experience and access to suitable computing facilities to enroll in this programme
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of least 7.0 (for applicants whose native language is not English), with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
Citizens of the following countries:
RCPE Turner Scholarship: Congo (Democratic Republic of), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
75% Scholarships: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
50% Scholarships: Worldwide Countries except DfID List Countries
The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE); AND
University of Edinburgh
Fields of study
Masters in Internal medicine – the part-time, by distance learning joint University of Edinburgh/RCPE MSc masters programme in Internal Medicine
Number of awards
For the RCPE Scholarships, one FULL award is available. For the 75% Scholarships, four scholarships will be awarded; while for the 50% Scholarships, two awards will be granted
Scholarships are for the whole duration of the programme, expected to be three years
Depending on the scholarship you are eligible for and successful at, the RCPE Scholarships will award completely FULL tuition to a doctor who is a resident citizen of an eligible sub-Saharan country.
The 75% scholarship grants will involve the College paying 75% tuition fees each year for doctors who are resident citizens of a DfID priority country; while the 50% scholarship in which the College pays 50% tuition fees each year for doctors who are resident in the UK or any other country not in the DfID list.
Method of Application
Eligible candidates should apply online, using the online application mode. Application will require supporting documents and information, with translations where applicable, including:
- A 250 – 500 word personal statement describing the relevance of applicants knowledge, skills and training to this programme as well as their academic interests, objectives and motivation for undertaking postgraduate study.
- Two signed letters of reference from within the last two years and contact details for the referees.
- Medical degree certificate, MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or similar.
- A transcript of applicants medical degree certificate which provides details of degree examinations passed and the grades and marks awarded.
- An English language certificate from within the last two years, if applicable.
Start your application here: online application mode.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2017
Open to International Applicants: