SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are currently been accepted for the Institut Curie IC-3i international PhD Program In France 2018, eligible applicants are by this notice invited to send in their applications.
The IC-3i international PhD Program is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 666003.
The call aims at recruiting motivated students for 12 PhD positions starting on October 1st, 2018.
Level: PhD program
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken in: France
- Applicants must not have lived or worked in France for more than 12 months during the past 3 years prior to the closure of the call (January 18th 2018).
- Applicants must own a Master’s degree (or be about to obtain one) or have a university degree equivalent to a European Master’s (5-year duration) to be eligible.
- Applicants must have earned this degree between January 1st 2016 and September 30, 2018.
The thesis projects cover Institut Curie’s 4 main research axes and its translational department:
- Biology & Chemistry of Radiations, Cell Signaling & Cancer
- Biology, Cancer, Genetics & Epigenetics
- Integrative Tumour Biology, Immunology & Environment
- Multiscale Physics-Biology-Chemistry
- Translational Research
The IC-3i-PhD fellows will carry out research at Institut Curie, located in Paris (France) and its surroundings. This vibrant environment is based on the pluri-disciplinary approaches and excellence offered by over 80 research groups comprising Institut Curie’s 12 research departments and its hospital group.
- PhD fellows will get a gross salary of around 2100 € per month (including the doctoral mission) during the 3 years of funding.
- Net salary is approximately 25% less, the difference covering insurance: PhD fellows will benefit from health insurance, retirement and unemployment.
- They are also entitled to supplemental health insurance and additional supplemental retirement.
Additional funding for the 4th year
If additional time is necessary to complete the PhD, PhD fellows can ask their host laboratory for help to look for additional funding after the 3-year contract period.
Applicants have to complete an online application form in English when the call is open. Incomplete applications will not be eligible. No application will be accepted after the deadline January 18th, 2018 at 5:00pm CET (GMT +1). Applicants may apply for 1 thesis project via the online application system. The following documents are required:
– a CV,
– a motivation letter,
– a copy of the high school degree,
– a copy of the university degrees including the Master’s degree or equivalent 5 year university degree (translated by the applicant in English),
– a copy of the university grade transcript from the Master’s degree or equivalent 5 year university degree (translated by the applicant in English),
– 2 recommendation letters. Referees must have submitted their recommendation letters by the end of the call. We strongly advise applicants to contact their referees as soon as possible so that they have enough time to upload the recommendation letter online. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the 2 recommendation letters are sent before the end of the call.
|Nov 30th, 2017 – Jan. 18th, 2018||Call for applications|
|February 2018||Eligibility check of applications (results mid-March)|
|March 2018||1st selection round: evaluation of the applications (results mid-April)|
|May 16 – May 18, 2018|| 2nd round of selection : Interviews held at Institut Curie (results beginning of June)|
|Oct. 1st, 2018||Start of the 3-year working contracts|
Application Deadline: January 18th 2018, 5:00pm CET
For More Information: