The Innotribe Startup Challenge creates the opportunity for young African financial technology startups to showcase their products and receive expert coaching and mentoring. The Innotribe Startup Challenge will accept applications from FinTech companies based in Africa.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the Innotribe Startup Challenge.
More About The Innotribe Startup Challenge
To be taken at (country):
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
About the Award
Launched in 2011, Innotribe Startup Challenge’s mission was to bring visibility to activities at the edges of our ecosystem, highlighting the importance of these new emerging companies called startups and their revolutionary way to think and work. Over the years, the Startup Challenge has become one of the leading global startup competitions, connecting the financial services industry with more than 650 FinTech startups around the world and reaching over 4,000 audience members through global showcases and networking events.
Since 2016, the Startup Challenge supports the emerging FinTech ecosystems, moving from a global competition to a local program supporting innovation where demographic trends, economic growth, and regional integration projects are creating fertile ground for new technologies to emerge.
The challenge is open to innovative technology and technology-enabled financial services companies working in areas such as payments, securities, trading, social media tools, big data/data analytics, security, identity, b2b or b2b2c mobile, small business apps & services &/or IT infrastructure. Consulting and outsourcing firms are not eligible.
These companies need to be headquartered in: – Africa for the Startup Challenge organized in collaboration with SWIFT’s African Regional Conference, taking place in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
A company that already applied for previous Startup Challenge editions (Alumni) can re-apply to the competition provided that the company has a new product to present. All companies/applicants must also have a demonstrable “beta” product (the concept of a product or service will NOT be accepted).
Value of Contest:
- A cash prize of 10,000 EUR
- The opportunity to showcase their product to the financial community at large during Sibos, the world’s premier financial services event, taking place from 16-19 October in Toronto. This includes:
- Two complimentary week passes to attend Sibos in Toronto (approx. value: 3,200 EUR each) o Exposure to SWIFT’s 10,000 member organizations and introduction to members who express interest for a private meeting
- Mentoring program at Sibos for each company o Invitations to a networking event with investors, sponsors, and executives from participating institutions
- Our sponsors and partners may provide additional prizes or awards
- Promotion via SWIFT and Innotribe marketing channels, Sibos if/when appropriate
Also, startups selected to attend our showcases in Africa and Russia will receive reimbursement of their expenses
Duration of Contest:
Innotribe will partner with SWIFT’s African Regional Conference (ARC), organized from 16-18 May in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. The Startup Challenge will take place on 17 May in the afternoon.
Application Deadline: 9th March. 2020
Award Provider: SWIFT Innotribe