University Grants Commission (UGC) has invited online applications for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child. Interested candidates can apply for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Chil.d Scheme before the last date.
Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi was an Indian politician, stateswoman and a central figure of the Indian National Congress. She was the first and, to date, the only female Prime Minister of India.
Therefore, UGC has introduced Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with the motive to help those single girl children, who are not able to pursue post graduation due to financial crises in their family.
What You Need To Know About This Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Aspirants who want to avail Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018 opportunity, they have to visit the official website mentioned beneath segment of this page and have to fill complete Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form. so read to the end.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS ARTICLE
- LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
- HOST NATIONALITY
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY
- SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS
- Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Target group for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria For the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Age limits for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Selection procedure
- Who are not eligible for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
- Nature of Assistance
Available Under the Scheme
- Applying process
- List of important document for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Important date
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
This scholarship is open for students to pursue post graduate in any field of their choice
The scholarship is to be taken in INDIA
scholarship is available to INDIAN NATIONALS to further their education.
The scholarship allow the applicant the opportunity to further their studies . it is a full scholarship. Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only
Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Union Government of India has plan out the scheme for uplift the status of women by supporting post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and by recognizing the value of observance of small family norm.
Target Group For The Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
Only those girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters / fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
Eligibility For The Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
- Female aspirant who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Who are not eligible to apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018?
- If any Deemed University is not getting any grant from Government or UGC then its students can not apply.
- If no college is getting help from state or center government then its students cannot also apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
- Aspirants pursuing PG in distance mode will not eligible to apply.
Fellowship Details for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
Selected 3000 girls for above declared scheme will obtain amount of Rs.36, 200/- year as a fellowship amount which is provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
- Total number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website.
- Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities / Colleges / Institutions covered under UGC Act.
- Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
Selection Process For the Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
Selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
How to fill online application for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child?
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to official website of University Grant Commission that is scholarships.gov.in.
- Scroll down home page and hit on “UGC Schemes” tab.
- A drop down list will be opened at your screen from where you have to select “PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link.
- Select “guidelines” tab written in front of above given link.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “apply now” button available on the page.
- Enter ID and password to login and then press “login” button.
- Now, fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form with correct details.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable).
- Then save and continue.
- Lastly, submit your details within given time.
- At last, download duly filled application form and take print out copy of it for avoid any trouble in future.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship >> Apply From Here
Hit Here >> New Student
Press Here >> Register Here
Attachments / Documents To Be Submitted for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship :
- Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs. 50/-stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazatted Officer.
- Copy of Joining report from College / University where student have taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
The application form should be filled correctly otherwise, the organization has full authority to cancel it.
Last Date to Apply Online: 28-02-2018
Note: You can apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018 directly using this Official Link.