The Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child came about due to the common belief among rural households that girls are supposed to stop schooling after reaching puberty because more often they are married off. This Indira Gandhi scholarship i open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
This is because they feel that the girl child is a valuable resource for housework and in the fields, also an additional hand that cannot be wasted away through education with almost invisible gains and far too heavy a price that most poor families cannot afford to pay.
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2019
- Indira Gandhi scholarship 2019
- About Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi
- What You Need To Know About This Scholarship
- Level/ Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Benefits
- Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Target Group For The PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Undergraduates
- Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Postgraduate
- Age limits for the UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Selection Process For the Gandhi Scholarship 2019
- Details for the Indira Gandhi Fellowship
- Who are not Eligible to Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019?
- Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme
- How to fill online application for Indira Gandhi Scholarship Single Girl Child Scholarship for PhD students?
- Attachments / Documents To Be Submitted for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 Last Date
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2019
Also, statistics have shown that India has the highest number of child brides in Asia and inevitably there is this belief surrounding young girls that educating them is a waste of time and money as they are born only to be married off and manage the household of their family.
India has been ranked 105 among 128 countries in its Education for All Development Index, so there is much work to be done to enhance education in India; particularly to women’s access to education.
Indira Gandhi scholarship 2019
It is absolutely vital that we integrate the belief among women that they must stand on their two feet and the only feasible way to achieve this is through education and its proper implementation. One way to make the families more interested is by making the school come right to them rather than sending their girls to school far away from home by implementing more mobile schools across rural India.
The University Grants Commission(UGC) has announced the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 for the Single Girl Child. Candidates who wish to apply for the UGC Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship under SGC Scheme can get all the information here.
About Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi
Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi was an Indian politician, stateswoman and a central figure of the Indian National Congress. She was the first and, to date, the only female Prime Minister of India.
Therefore, UGC has introduced Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Scholarship for Single Girl Child with the intention to help those single girl children, who are not able to pursue post-graduation due to financial crises in their family.
What You Need To Know About This Scholarship
Aspirants who want to avail the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students 2019 opportunity, they have to visit the official website mentioned beneath the segment of this page and have to fill complete Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form. So, read to the end.
Level/ Field of Study
This Indira Gandhi Scholarship for undergraduate and post-graduate programs is open to students in any field of their choice.
This Indira Priyadarshini Scholarship is to be taken in INDIA
The scholarship is available to INDIAN NATIONALS to further their education.
The scholarship allows the applicant the opportunity to further their studies. it is a full scholarship. Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only
Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Union Government of India has planned out the scheme to uplift the status of women by supporting the postgraduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and by recognizing the value of observance of a small family norm.
Target Group For The PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
This scholarship is a single child scholarship. Therefore, only those girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities/Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/fraternal daughter may also apply for a scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Undergraduates
To apply for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for undergraduates, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- A female aspirant who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post-graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Postgraduate
To apply for the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- The girl must be the only girl in the family.
- She needs a student who has finished class 10 at the CBSE board and the total cost of level 11 and 12 will be covered by this program.
- The reference can also be extended to students who have completed grade 12 from the same board.
The grant applies to students who are in general or vocational training.
Age limits for the UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Applicants for this scholarship should not exceed 30 years at the time of admission for the PG courses.
Selection Process For the Gandhi Scholarship 2019
Selection would be made by the Expert Committee as per the procedure of the commission. Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
Details for the Indira Gandhi Fellowship
Selected 3000 girls for the above-declared scheme will obtain a number of Rs.36,200/- year as a fellowship amount which is provided by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship.
Who are not Eligible to Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019?
- If any Deemed University is not getting any grant from Government or UGC then its students cannot apply.
- If no college is getting help from the state or centre government then its students cannot also apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
- Aspirants pursuing PG in distance mode will not eligible to apply.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme
- The total number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website.
- Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on the UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
- It is expected from the institutions where the student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions covered under UGC Act.
- Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
How to fill online application for Indira Gandhi Scholarship Single Girl Child Scholarship for PhD students?
The UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship is currently not on. However, when it’s ongoing, the following steps should be followed:
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to the official website of University Grant Commission that is scholarships.gov.in.
- Scroll down the home page and hit on “UGC Schemes” tab.
- A drop-down list will be opened at your screen from where you have to select “PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link.
- Select “guidelines” tab written in front of the above-given link.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “apply now” button available on the page.
- Enter the ID and password to log in and then press the “login” button.
- Now, fill the Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form with correct details.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable).
- Then save and continue.
- Lastly, submit your details within a given time.
- At last, download duly filled the application form and print out a copy of it to avoid any trouble in future.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship >> Apply From Here
Hit Here >> New Student
Press Here >> Register Here
Attachments / Documents To Be Submitted for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs.50/-stamp paper duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of Joining report from college/university where the student has taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
The application form should be filled correctly otherwise, the organization has full authority to cancel it.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 Last Date
Last Date to Apply Online for this Indira Gandhi single girl child scholarship for PhD students 2019 is normally dated for the 30th of November.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, do not forget to click on the SHARE Button below!!!
indira Gandhi scholarship, Gandhi scholarship for a single girl, Indira Gandhi single girl child scholarship for Ph.D. students, Indira Gandhi scholarship for undergraduate