SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2019
There’s a common belief among rural households that girls are supposed to stop schooling after reaching puberty because more often they are married off being that the girl child is a valuable resource for housework and in the fields, also an additional hand that cannot be wasted away through an education with almost invisible gains and far too heavy a price that most poor families cannot afford to pay.
India has the highest number of child brides in Asia and inevitably there is this belief surrounding young girls that educating them is a waste of time and money as they are born only to be married off and manage the household of their family.
India has been ranked 105 amongst 128 countries in its Education for All Development Index, so there is much work to be done to enhance education in India; particularly to women’s access to education.
Indira Gandhi scholarship 2019
It is absolutely vital that we integrate the belief among women that they must stand on their two feet and the only feasible way to achieve this is through education and its proper implementation. One way to make the families more interested is by making the school come right to them rather than sending their girls to school far away from home by implementing more mobile schools across rural India.
The University Grants Commission has announced the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 for the Single Girl Child. Candidates who wish to apply for the UGC Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship under SGC Scheme can get all the information here.
Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi was an Indian politician, stateswoman and a central figure of the Indian National Congress. She was the first and, to date, the only female Prime Minister of India.
Therefore, UGC has introduced Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with the intention to help those single girl children, who are not able to pursue post-graduation due to financial crises in their family.
iccr scholarship 2019
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), is an autonomous organization of the Government of India, involved in India’s external cultural relations, through cultural exchange with other countries and their peoples. It was founded on 9 April 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
The ICCR Headquarters are situated in Azad Bhavan, I.P. Estate, New Delhi, with regional offices in Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Pune, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram & Varanasi.
What You Need To Know About This Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Aspirants who want to avail the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 opportunity, they have to visit the official website mentioned beneath the segment of this page and have to fill complete Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form. so read to the end.
What to Expect From This Article
- Level/ Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Benefits
- Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- The target group for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria For the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Age limits for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Selection procedure
- Who are not eligible for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
- Nature of Assistance
Available Under the Scheme
- Applying process
- List of the important document for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 Last Date
Therefore, Read through!
Level/ Field of Study
This scholarship is open for students to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate programs in any field of their choice.
The scholarship is to be taken in INDIA
The scholarship is available to INDIAN NATIONALS to further their education.
The scholarship allows the applicant the opportunity to further their studies. it is a full scholarship. Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only
Objective Of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Union Government of India has planned out the scheme for uplift the status of women by supporting the postgraduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and by recognizing the value of observance of a small family norm.
Target Group For The Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Only those girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters / fraternal daughter may also apply for a scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Undergraduates
- A female aspirant who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Postgraduate
- The girl must be the only girl in the family.
- She needs a student who has finished class 10 at the CBSE board and the total cost of level 11 and 12 will be covered by this program.
- The reference can also be extended to students who have completed grade 12 from the same board.
The grant applies to students who are in general or vocational training.
Who are not Eligible to Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019?
- If any Deemed University is not getting any grant from Government or UGC then its students cannot apply.
- If no college is getting help from the state or centre government then its students cannot also apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
- Aspirants pursuing PG in distance mode will not eligible to apply.
Fellowship Details for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Selected 3000 girls for the above-declared scheme will obtain a number of Rs.36, 200/- year as a fellowship amount which is provided by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
- The total number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website.
- Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on the UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
- It is expected from the institutions where the student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities / Colleges / Institutions covered under UGC Act.
- Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
Selection Process For the Gandhi Scholarship 2019:
Selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
How to fill online application for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child?
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to the official website of University Grant Commission that is scholarships.gov.in.
- Scroll down the home page and hit on “UGC Schemes” tab.
- A drop-down list will be opened at your screen from where you have to select “PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link.
- Select “guidelines” tab written in front of the above-given link.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “apply now” button available on the page.
- Enter the ID and password to log in and then press the “login” button.
- Now, fill the Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form with correct details.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable).
- Then save and continue.
- Lastly, submit your details within a given time.
- At last, download duly filled the application form and take print out a copy of it to avoid any trouble in future.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship >> Apply From Here
Hit Here >> New Student
Press Here >> Register Here
Attachments / Documents To Be Submitted for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship:
- Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs. 50/-stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of Joining report from College / University where the student has taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
The application form should be filled correctly otherwise, the organization has full authority to cancel it.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 Last Date
Last Date to Apply Online for this ICCR scholarship 2019 was on the 30th of November 2018.
Note: You can apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2019 directly using this Official Link.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- LIST OF FULLY FUNDED MASTERS DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES 2019/2020
- 51 Best Scholarship Websites/Portals for 2019 [UPDATED]
- Fully-Funded Graduate Scholarships For Economically Developing Nations 2018-2019
- JIMMY RANE SCHOLARSHIP 2019 | UPDATED
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD) 2018/2019
- Chevening 15,000 masters courses for International Students 2019-2020
- $25,000 Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2019 | UPDATED
- List of PhD Scholarships in USA 2019-2020 (LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL) – APPLY
- University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme UK 2018-2019– APPLY