India is delighted to offer Bangladeshi freedom fighters scholarships to children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh under its Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme, reported India Today. The scheme was started in 2006 for descendants of the 1971 freedom fighters who had fought shoulder to shoulder with Indian troops in 1971 and continue to be the eternal friends of the country.
About Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme
Initiated in 2006, more than 10,000 scholarships worth Tk 150 million have been disbursed. Moreover, India will give Rs 350 million to children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh in the next five years under the new ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme, Shingla had reportedly announced.
India has given scholarships to children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh under its Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme.
This year, as many as 600 undergraduate students have received the benefits of the scheme at a program jointly organised by Indian High Commission and Bangladesh Muktijodha Academy.
The event was organised within a month of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement, made during Sheikh Hasina’s visit to India, to provide scholarships to another 10,000 students under the new Muktijodha scholarship scheme.
The event was inaugurated by the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Harsh Vardhan Shringla. While handing over the stipends to the children, Shingla praised the freedom fighters for fighting “shoulder to shoulder with Indian troops in 1971”.
He said the Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh, Narendra Modi and Sheikh Hasina, are maintaining the relationship whose foundation was laid by that country’s first prime minister Bangbandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and then prime minister of India Indira Gandhi, adding that the initiatives announced by PM Modi reflect “our continued solidarity with the valiant Muktijodhas”.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020-2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020-2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020-2021
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship will be offered to higher secondary and undergraduate students who are the children of the freedom fighters who fought shoulder to shoulder with Indian troops in Bangladesh in 1971. You can also access other scholarship for Undergraduate students and apply for it.
The scholarship is to be hosted by India and taken in Bangladesh. If you are an international student and you desire to study in India, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in India
Application is open to all descendants of Bangladesh freedom fighters that fought alongside the Indian troops in 1971. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Under the new Scholarship scheme,
- students at the higher secondary level will get a one-time grant of Tk 20,000 and those at the undergraduate level will get Tk 50,000.
- Besides, all freedom fighters are now eligible for five years multiple entry Indian visas.
- 100 of them will be provided free medical treatment in Indian hospitals every year.
Eligibility Criteria for Muktijodha Scholarship
- Male students who have secured GPA 3.25 and above and Female students who have secured GPA 3 and above and have obtained admission in a recognized institute for continued study.
- Those students who have already received award in the previous year need to re-apply along with proof of having passed the previous academic year with an acceptable GPA.
- Average Family Income less than Tk 15,000/- per month
Applicants are advised to send their applications directly to Defence Wing, High Commission of India by post. Application Procedure:
- Application in English according to the format
- One passport size colour photograph of the applicant.
- Monthly family Income certificate duly signed by Chairman of Village/UNO/ TNO/any Class I Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of Muktijoddha Certificate issued only by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Name of Educational Institution, Proof of Admission and attested copy of applicable mark sheets (SSC & HSC).
- Photocopy of voter/National ID card/Students ID card.
Applications should be submitted before November 30, 2020.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Study in Nigeria: Top 10 Best Agricultural Universities in Nigeria | Updated
- 5 Most Affordable Universities in China for International Students
- Top 10 Most Popular and Cheapest Boarding Schools in The World
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Accountancy Fellowship
- Fully Funded: Master Degree in Italy
- (Undergraduate & Masters) MasterCard Scholarship at University of Pretoria for African Students
- American University of Beirut Graduate Scholarship in Health Science
- Strathmore University Masters Scholarships in Kenya
- IT Fellowship Program at University of Liechtenstein
- Government Of Hungary Scholarship [APPLY NOW]
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.