If you’re from neighbouring developing countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal, you can carry out paid research in India. The Indian Ministry of Science and Technology makes this possible through the India Science and Research Fellowships in India. You can get up to Rs.50 000 per month with this travel fellowship along with 69 other awardees.
This CICS Travel Grant program offers scholars and researchers from neighboring countries the opportunity to work in the current research fields of all major disciplines of science and technology.
Emphasis is placed on the possibility for scientists from developing countries (except India) to conduct research at leading research institutes in India. CICS coordinates the INSA JRD Tata Scholarship, the DBT TWAS Scholarship and the JNCASR Scholarship for Investigator / Researcher Development and the Travel Scholarship Program, as well as the KIRAN IPR Program for Indian Citizens.
The Ministry of Science and Technology of the Indian Ministry of Science and Technology has the mission to promote, promote and promote scientific and technological research and development in India.
DST is the country’s largest agency that promotes basic and applied science through funding for intramural and non-academic research in all disciplines and institutions.
Level/Field of Study
India Science and Research Fellowship is hosted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. Scholarship can be taken in India
Research fellowship Prize Worth
The complete scholarship includes Scholarship allowance: Rs. 50 000 / – per month, accommodation included
- Granting of a quota to a researcher: Rs 10,000 / – as one-off emergency aid.
- Fellowship for visiting researchers (per institution): Rs 20,000 / – in one-time grants
- Airfare: roundtrip airfare economy class from the place of work in your home country to the Indian host via the shortest route. Local road/rail traffic between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
- Visa fee: Will be reimbursed.
Number of India Science and Research Fellowships awards:
Up to 70 Research fellowship (for all countries) are awarded each year.
Eligibility for India Science and Research Fellowships
The candidate must have the following qualifications before applying for this CICS Travel Grant:
- The candidate must be a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- The applicant must actively participate in a university or research institute in his / her country in various scientific and technological fields, including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D / M.Tech /M.Sc / MBBS with 3 to 5 years of research or teaching experience
- Must be under age 45 (as of December 31st of the year of selection)
- The applicant must have a valid passport
College of admission requirements
Admission requirements: To be admitted into Research fellowship, the candidate must hold a Ph.D./ M.Tech /M.Sc / MBBS and have between 3 and 5 years experience in research or teaching.
The completed application must be submitted in electronic or paper form with the following documents to CICS, the DST or the applicant’s implementing agency. The application form prescribed to apply for the IRSS program can be downloaded from the CICS website (DST website).
The completed application form must be submitted by a competent authority of the home institution with the following mandatory documents.
- A brief description of the proposed research
- Copy of the diploma of the highest qualification
- Reprint of two recent publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Copy of valid passport with passport number, photo, date of birth, date of issue, expiry date and home address
- A certificate of no objection (injection certificate – NPC) (format attached to the application form) from the home institution on the institute’s letter (format on page 6)
- Letter of Admission from the Indian Host Supervisor to the Institute Letterhead for Applicant’s Research in India. Where possible, CICS can help the researcher identify a host institution.
- Two passport photos
- A last updated CV.
Deadline for India Science and Research Fellowships Application:
The deadline for submitting Research Fellowships 2020 Applications is 31 January.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING
- Moma Scholarships for Indian Students momascholarship.gov.in
- College and University Students Government Scholarships for in India
- Scholarships at Indian Veterinary Research Institute
- Endowment Scholarships For Engineering Students at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in India
- Top 15 Indian Scholarships [UPDATED]
- 10 Medicine Scholarships in India for Students from Developing Countries
- La Trobe–JSSAHER Ph.D. Scholarship for Indian Students
- 19 Best Indiana Scholarships to Apply for
- LIST OF INDIAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- 19 Best Indiana Scholarships to Apply for