AIMS-Women in Innovation (WiIN) Program offers a free leadership development program for 15 young women from across Africa – delivered in Kigali, Rwanda.
The AIMS**-Women in Innovation (WiIN) program is a unique (1 week long) leadership development program designed especially for recent female university graduates who want to pursue and thrive in a career in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
Through the AIMS-WiIN program, 15 pan-African female university graduates will have the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, build professional networks, and learn practical tools for pursuing, obtaining, and thriving in a career in a STEM-related field. The comprehensive week-long program targets recent university graduates as they transition from student to professional.
This program is presented by Johnson & Johnson Innovation LLC at no charge to participants as part of the company’s strong global commitment to increase the number of women in science and technology careers.
- The program is open to female graduates from across Africa (AIMS students, AIMS alumni, NEF fellows and NEF ambassadors, non-AIMS participants) who have completed a minimum of a bachelor degree by Summer 2017.
- Availability to travel to Kigali, Rwanda from June 24 – July 1 in order to attend the entire week-long program, from Monday to Friday (June 26 to June 30, 2017).
- Hold a passport from an African country (except Rwanda) valid for 6 months at the time of departure.
- Good working knowledge of English
AIMS-WiIN will bridge essential gaps by providing:
- Skills to help recent graduates pursue, secure and retain jobs in science-related fields.
- Develop communication and leadership skills.
- Opportunities to form peer networks and mentor relationships.
The following core modules will be delivered to participants by experienced trainers:
- Career training
- Self-empowerment and critical thinking
- Building a career while having a family
- 4th Industrial Revolution skills
- Women’s health
The pilot program will take place in Kigali, Rwanda, a vibrant, up-and-coming innovation and technology hub in Africa.
Benefits to participants:
Through the AIMS-WiIN program, participants will acquire the skills to be more successful in securing meaningful jobs, progress faster in their jobs and be better prepared to balance family-work obligations. AIMS-WiIN will focus on areas related to their field of study and employment, while increasing their confidence and providing a network of experienced lecturers and many other young women who can be peers and mentors.
Application Deadline: June 5th 2017
For More Information: