SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP) offers a unique opportunity for Asia-Fellowship commencing in the academic year 2017-18, for talented Journalists working in The People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan to come to Germany.
The aim of the fellowships is to give support to the journalist and encourage the study of journalism.
The International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP) are a non-profit and economically as well as politically independent organisation for the promotion of young journalists.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the field of journalism.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- The fellowship will offer a lump sum of Euro 3.800,-. With this allowance, the fellow has to cover travelling expenses to Germany, international health insurance, housing as well as daily living costs.
Numbers of Scholarships: Up to ten fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- To qualify, the applicant should be between 28 to 38 years of age, have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in print and/or on-line journalism or TV/Radio broadcasting.
- He/She should currently be working as full-time journalist in the above-mentioned countries, should be fluent in English (TOEFL or equivalent) and have a strong interest in learning the German language.
Nationality: Applicants of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a journalist.
English Language Requirement: Applicants should be fluent in English (TOEFL or equivalent) and have a strong interest in learning the German language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email,
- Please write a 1000 word essay addressing the following topics:
- Why you would like to work in Germany
- What you expect from the IJP fellowship and what you think you can contribute to it
- How your background, experiences and interests reflect what you want to do as journalist
- What are the 3 main research topics/projects you want to pursue during the fellowship Include a one-page resume detailing your education and work experience,
- your standard of German and English (copies of certificates/ e.g. Goethe Institute and /or TOEFL), plus 3 copies of articles written by you (and if possible published in English; no translation of Chinese articles requested)
- A journalistic reference from your editor or head of department is required. It should support your application and also guarantee your leave of absence for the duration of the program
- Enclose a passport photograph into your CV and do not forget your signature!
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30th, 2017.