SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
IHRC Archives Grants in Aid Program for US and International Citizens in USA.
The Immigration History Research Center is delighted to offer research grants for travel to the IHRCA for research in any IHRCA collection for 2017/2018 academic year. Grants to supports a research visit of 5 days or more. Typically, awards are $1,000 each and four awards are given each year while conducting research in the collections. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: graduate students, independent and other scholars traveling to conduct research for at least one week (five research days) at the IHRC Archives. The postdoctoral Grant In Aid supports a two-week residency (ten research days) while conducting research in the collections.
Field(s): Grants are awarded for travel to the IHRCA for research in any IHRCA collection.
Deadline: June 1 .
Funded By: The Immigration History Research Center
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IHRC Archives Grants are targeted for US and international applicants.|
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 13 months
Grants will be awarded to conduct research for at least one week (five research days). These grants support a two-week residency (ten research days) for postdoctoral scholars.
‣ Scholarship covers: supports a research visit of 5 days or more. Typically, awards are $1,000 each and four awards are given each year.
‣ The Immigration History Research Center Archives (IHRCA) offers IHRC Archives Grants In Aid awards of up to $500 to assist graduate students, independent and other scholars traveling to conduct research for at least one week (five research days) at the IHRC Archives.
‣ The deadline for applications for 2017-2018 awards is June 1, 2017. Post-doctoral scholars are also eligible to apply for additional funding for a maximum award of $1,000.
‣ The post-doctoral Grant in Aid supports a two-week residency (ten research days) while conducting research in the collections.
‣ Those applying for the post-doctoral Grant In Aid must clearly indicate their qualifications for the award in a letter of application.
‣ The deadline for post-doctoral Grants in Aid also is June 1.
IHRC Archives Grants Eligible students must:
‣ Graduate students, post-doctoral scholars, faculty, and independent scholars, in the U.S. or internationally, who live more than a day’s drive from the Twin Cities and who need to do research in the IHRCA collections.
‣ Demonstrated connection between research needs and specific collections at the IHRCA
‣ Language proficiency (for projects requiring sources in languages other than English)
‣ Preference for newer scholars (and graduate students), international scholars, and the use of the following collections: Czech/Slovak, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Italian, Latvian, Polish, and Refugee-Related Materials.
Notification: Not Known
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should send application materials to ihrc-at-umn.edu, Attn: Grant in Aid Committee or via post.
‣ Prior to submitting an application, applicants should consult the IHRC/A website to learn about collections and holdings, and confirm material availability and relevance to proposed projects with IHRC collections staff. Researchers receiving a grant in aid award will be required to acknowledge the IHRC and receipt of the award in any resulting publication.
‣ Application letter of no more than two pages with estimated dates of residency, description of research project and collections to be consulted, and estimated budget.
‣ If applying for a post-doctoral award of up to $1,000, state intention and include qualifications.
‣ Current curriculum vitae
‣ Names and contact information (including email) for two references
Applications must be received by June 1st to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Grant-in-Aid Committee OR postmarked by June 1st and mailed to postal address: IHRCA Grant-in-Aid Committee Immigration History Research Center Archives University of Minnesota 311 Andersen Library 222 – 21st Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 1.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.