Ignacy Lukasiewicz scholarship for developing countries in been advertised by Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland and Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland, this is aimed at recruiting into the Ignacy Lukasiewicz scholarship programme (2017/2018 edition).
Scholarships offered as a part of the programme include free 2nd degree studies conducted in Polish language (preceded by a year-long preparation course for taking up studies in Poland) and 3rd-degree studies conducted in public universities supervised by the minister responsible for higher education.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the Polish government department tasked with maintaining Poland’s international relations and coordinating its participation in international and regional supra-national political organisations such as the European Union and United Nations.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: The amount of the scholarship, which covers the costs of accommodation and living, is PLN 1350 per month.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Poland
2nd Degree Studies (Master Studies)
- Graduate of the 1st degree studies (completed in 2016 or 2017) conducted in the aforementioned areas of sciences or current final year student of the 1st degree studies in the academic year 2016/2017;
- In the absence of the form of 1st degree studies in the higher education system of the country which issued the diploma, graduate of Master’s degree or equivalent studies (completed in 2016 or 2017) or current final year student of Master’s degree or equivalent studies in the academic year 2016/2017, conducted in the aforementioned areas of sciences.
3rd Degree Studies (PhD Studies): Candidate profile:
- Graduate of Master’s degree or equivalent studies completed no earlier than three years ago (does notapply to persons already studying in Poland);
- Graduates of Master’s degree or equivalent studies completed in the country of origin of candidates will be preferred (however, this does not preclude persons with Polish university diploma from the possibility of applying for the scholarship);
Nationality: Citizens of developing countries are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply:
2nd Degree Studies (Master Studies): The candidates are required to submit completed and signed questionnaire to Polish diplomatic posts, along with the following attachments:
- Description of the proposed dissertation according to the following specifications: 1.5-2 A4 pages, font size 12, spacing 1.5; required elements of description include: proposal for a topic, problem and research method, detailed description of chapters);
- A copy of the 1st degree studies graduation diploma with a supplement, in the absence of the form of1st degree studies in the higher education system of the country of origin – a copy of diploma ofMaster’s Degree or equivalent with a supplement or certificate of the marks obtained in the winter session in the final year of 1st degree studies or final year of Master’s degree or equivalent studies, and the planned date of completion;
- A copy of health certificate;
- A copy of passport.
3rd Degree Studies (PhD Studies): The candidates are required to submit, via the university admitting the foreigner to the 3rd-degree studies, to the Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange, completed and signed questionnaire along with the following attachments:
- Outline of the doctoral dissertation prepared in accordance with the following specifications: 4-5 A4 pages, font size 12, spacing 1.5; required elements of description include: proposal for a topic, research problem, the main hypothesis and research method, detailed description of chapters);
- A copy of the Master’s degree graduation diploma (with a supplement) authorising to take up doctoral studies in the issuing country (not applicable to persons already studying in Poland);a document confirming admission by the university (or the promise of admission), in the mode provided for foreigners, to 3rd degree studies with the scholarship of the Minister of Science and Higher Education, stating that financial conditions will change when a foreigner does not obtain a scholarship (does not apply to persons already studying in Poland);
- Opinions of two independent academics (Prof. or PhD), including at least one from Poland);
- A curriculum vitae with a covering letter;
- A copy of health certificate (it does not concern to people already studying in Poland);
- A copy of passport;
- A copy of the document authorizing to the stay on the Polish territory (for people already studying in Poland or holding a valid visa).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 23, 2017.