SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Submit your applications for the IDRC Research Awards for Canadian and Developing Countries’ Students ,and application submission continues till September 6, 2017 by 4:00 PM (EDT)(US and Canada).
IDRC offers these 2016 IDRC Research Awards to Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries pursuing doctoral studies at a Canadian university.
These awards are intended for field research in one or more developing countries. Candidates must conduct their research in areas corresponding to the thematic priorities.
Level: field research in one or more developing countries
Agriculture and Food Security, Climate Change, Collaborative Adaptation Research Initiative in Africa and Asia, Employment and Growth, Food, Environment, and Health, Foundations for Innovation, Governance and Justice, Livestock Vaccine Innovation Fund, Maternal and Child Health, Networked Economies, Think Tank Initiative
School(Institutions/ Country): |
Canada, Uruguay, Kenya
Scholarship covers: : Salary for one year in Canada: CA$40,396–46,764; Salary for one year in Uruguay: $U659,437–$U960,013 UYU; Monthly salary in Kenya: KSh 139,082–KSh 219,327
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IDRC Research Awards are targeted for Citizens of Canada and developing countries
pursuing doctoral studies at a Canadian university can apply these IDRC Research Awards.
To be eligible for 2016 IDRC Research Awards , you must meet the following requirements:
- must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country.
- must be enrolled at a Canadian university at the doctoral level (when you submit your application, you must have completed several courses of the doctoral program but not necessarily all the courses).
- research proposal must be approved by your thesis supervisor.
- proposed field research must take place in one or more developing countries and be conducted for a doctoral dissertation.
- -must provide evidence of affiliation with an institution or organization in the developing region(s) in which the research will take place.
- must have completed coursework and passed comprehensive exams before taking up the award.
- may not be in receipt of two or more active IDRC awards at the same time (IDRA, IDRC Research Award, Professional Development Award, John G. Bene Fellowship, Bentley Cropping Systems Fellowship, Journalism Awards). No time overlaps will be permitted.
- If you are selected for an award, you have up to 12 months to start your field research from the date of the final selection.
Scholarship Application Method
Deadline: September 6, 2017 by 4:00 PM (EDT)(US and Canada)
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 7, 2016 by 4:00 PM (EDT)
Call for applications (PDF, 337KB)
General FAQs (PDF, 386KB)
Checklist of documents to upload (PDF, 120KB)
All additional questions should be addressed to email@example.com