IDB Scholarship for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries 2019-2020
The IDB Scholarship for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries calls for application for 2019-2020 academic session. The scholarship can be taken in any country in the world.
The objective of the Programme is to improve the socio-economic conditions and to preserve the cultural and religious identities of Muslim Communities in Non-member Countries through developing their human capital resources.
The Programme provides a scholarship to the academically meritorious but financially needy young Muslim students to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study in professional courses.
The concept of the Programme is to build a team of professional and committed Muslims as a tool for the improvement of the socio-economic conditions of their communities. Under this Programme, the scholarships are given an interest-free loan to the students but grants to the communities to which they belong. After graduation and gainful employment, all graduates are obliged to repay their loan amount to the community (IDB Local Trusts) for recycling and awarding additional scholarships to the local needy students.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships 2019-2020
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is an Undergraduate scholarship offered in the following fields
- Other fields related to the above disciplines
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship for Muslim Communities will be taken in any country the scholarship is being offered. Students must get admission or be in the first year in their own countries.
On an exceptional basis and where admissions in professional courses are not possible or not available in any particular country, the IDB assists to place students from these countries in IDB member countries, which have been generous enough to provide places for the IDB students in their universities.
IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities is open to all to countries of the world. There are other US Scholarships available for International students in 2019.
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme covers all relevant expenses during students’ study period, including tuition fees, health, and living costs as determined by the IDB.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from this Islamic Development Bank Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Eligibility for IDB Scholarship 2019
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student/applicant must be able to meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over 24 years.
- Completed senior secondary / pre-university education with good grades in major science subjects and language of instruction.
- Secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the Programme at a recognized college or university in their own countries (for in-country study).
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Committed and needy Muslim.
- Recommended by the Counterpart Organization.
Each year, the Programme follows the following selection procedures:
- The Counterpart Organization announces the Programme in the country and invites applications from potential candidates who fulfill the criteria of the Programme.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee (SSC) conducts the interviews of eligible candidates and recommends them through the Counterpart Organization to the IDB.
- The IDB makes the final selection and informs the Counterpart Organizations.
How to Apply for the IDB Scholarship 2019
In countries, where the Programme is being implemented, inquiries can be made an application form obtained from the Counterpart Organization in the country.
In a country, where the Programme has not yet been implemented, inquiries may be directed to the Scholarship Division, Department of Communities in Non-Member Countries, IDB.
Important Notes: To help students prepare themselves for their future leading role in the development of their communities and countries, the IDB also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special programme called Community Development Programme comprising the following three components: Guidance and Counselling Activities, Post Study Activities and Capacity Building Activities.
IDB Scholarship 2019 Application Deadline
- May-July: Deadline for submission to the IDB (for abroad studies)
- June to December: Deadline for submission of applications to the IDB (for in-country studies)
IDB Scholarship 2019 Application Link
Visit the scholarship webpage for more details
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- 2019 Archbishop Tutu Fellowship for Young African Leaders
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ghana Students 2019-2020
- Cardiff University: Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship 2019
- Fully-funded Kader Asmal MSc Fellowships in Ireland 2019-2020
- United Nations University Fellowship for Developing Countries 2019
- Post-Doc Fellowship at the Technical University of Munich in Germany, 2019-2020
- Stanford University Scholarships Opportunities for International Students, 2019-2020(SHARE)
- Cifar Azrieli Global Scholars Research Program for International Students in Canada, 2019
- UNESCO-IHE’s Netherlands Fellowship Programmes 2019
- University of Oxford-THIS Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in UK, 2019
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The core aim of IDB Scholarship 2019 is to improve the socio-economic conditions and to preserve the cultural and religious identities of Muslim Communities in Non-member Countries through developing their human capital resources. see details for scholarship information and how to APPLY.