Applicants are invited for ICMR-Govt. of AP Grand Challenge Research Award to pursue research on Chronic Kidney Disease of unknown origin (CKDu).The award is available for Indian students.
The aim of the award is Undertaking secondary and primary research towards identification and root causing of trigger factor (s) leading to high incidence of CKDu, besides determining natural history and economic impact of CKDu.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh is the government for the state of Andhra Pradesh in South India.It is an elected government with 175 MLAs elected to the legislative assembly for a 5-year term.
Course Level: Awards are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Awards are available to evolve research strategies to find out the causes resulting in chronic kidney disease (CKDu).
Scholarship Award: Awards will cover the following:
- The Grand Challenge shall be provided with complete funding with Govt. of AP initially along with ICMR technically supporting in reviewing and subsequently monitoring the project as approved by the ICMR-GOAP Joint Steering Committee under the Chairpersonship of Secretary DHR &DG ICMR. If funds are available at ICMR then, funding can also be jointly shared by ICMR with GOAP.
- All payments towards the research project shall be in accordance with 4 (i) –a,b,c which defines the project objectives
- 5 % mobilization advance – within 30 days of the project award
- 30% of total project cost – upon approved of all quarterly reviews by Technical Advisory Group for year1
- 30% of total project cost – upon approved of all quarterly reviews by Technical Advisory Group for year 2
- 20% after successful completion and submission of Report
- 10% of total project cost – upon approved of all quarterly reviews by Technical Advisory Group for year 3
- 5% after completion of 3 successful publications in indexed peer-reviewed journals.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- An Institution registered as a University/Society/Trust/NGO/Company/LLP (Limited liability partnership firm) but not an individual or a group of individuals are eligible to participate in the Grand Challenge. ( Proper documentary proof required to be submitted with application).
- The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in public health research and must have completed at least 3 health research projects, one of which should necessarily be in the area of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs).
- The lead applicant must have a minimum of 5 publications in peer-reviewed indexed journals including published work in the area of CKD.
- The applicant must be not black-listed by Central/State Government/agency/organization/ consortium).
- The applicant/Agency/Organisation/Consortium must have a financial turn-over of Rs. 3.00 Crore in each of previous three financial years.
Nationality: Applicants from India are eligible to apply for the award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in public health research.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- The following documents are required to be submitted along with application form as given in appendix attached with this proposal:
- Application Form.
- Status of the Firm/Registration certificate/ Memorandum of association.
- Income Tax Return of past three financial years; service tax (where applicable) for past three financial years.
- Balance sheet past three financial years.
- Project Details of work executed in past five years.
- Letters from organizations on behalf of whom, a minimum of three health research projects have been executed with completion.
- Publications in peer-reviewed indexed journals.
- Self-declaration on institutional letterhead for non-blacklisting.
- Research Protocol as available at ICMR web-site (www.icmr.nic.in) for Ad-Hoc Research Format.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 30, 2017.