Advance your career by enrolling for the 2021 ICMR Centenary Fellowship in India. This fellowship is open for applications for the postdoctoral program in the health sector. Continue reading for more details.
The Indian Council for Medical Research welcomes applications for the postdoctoral fellowship. Nominations for this program are open to Indian students in basic sciences, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health, including nutrition.
The Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the leading organization in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research institutions in the world.
ICMR intends to offer fifty (50) scholarships of this type each year to work in ICMR institutes/centers with state-of-the-art R&D facilities.
These scholarships will be granted by the Director-General of the ICMR, according to the needs of the Institute/Center.
ICMR offers two years’ tenure and can be extended up to one year depending on the exceptional performance and recommendations of the Director / Head in charge of the relevant institutes/centers of the ICMR.
ICMR Travel Grant
- The ICMR postdoctoral fellows will receive a consolidated grant of Rs 50,000 per month,
- a housing subsidy,
- a non-practicable subsidy (NPA) considered eligible,
- and an emergency grant of 3.0 lakhs per year.
- 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel expenses, including daily allowances.
Level/Field of Study
These scholarships are available for a postdoctoral program. These fellowships are awarded in the main areas of basic research, communicable and non-communicable diseases and reproductive health, including nutrition.
ICMR Centenary-Postdoctoral Fellowship is hosted in India.
The ICMR Postdoctoral Fellowship is open only to Indian nationals. Indian scholars are eligible for these scholarships.
The ICMR Centenary Fellowship in India will cover the following:
- CIMR postdoctoral fellows receive a consolidated grant of 50,000 rupees per month,
- monthly rent (HRA),
- non-users’ money (NPA) and an emergency grant of 3.0 lakhs per year.
- 25% of the emergency grant can be used for the trip, including daily expenses.
A total number of Fifty scholarships are available for this scholarship.
Accommodation can be provided by the ICMR institutes/centers, if available. However, in such cases, reimbursement rights will not be paid.
The postdoctoral fellows of the ICMR will have the right to sick leave and will go according to the rules of the ICMR for research associates / JRF.
Applicants must complete the following fields for these scholarships:
- Fresh Ph.D./MD/MS. students within three years of completing their Ph.D./MD/MSc. thesis and those having completed a Ph.D./MD/MSc thesis.
- Postdoctoral medical students can also follow the ICMR-PDF document at MCI-accredited medical schools, where at least three batches have a postdoctoral degree.
- The ICMR Postdoctoral Fellowship is open only to Indian nationals.
- The maximum age limit is 32 years, relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates and women of SC/ST/OBC/PH, from the last date of application (June 30 and December 31).
- For candidates who deserve it, age can be relaxed to a maximum of 3 years based on previous work, publications, awards, etc., as well as the request of the director/director in charge.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply by mail (email@example.com) and Applicants must be Ph.D./MD/MSc.
Please read the instructions carefully on the ICMR website before completing the application form (Appendix I):
- The application form is also provided (Appendix II)
- The list of institutes/centers of the ICMR is available on the ICMR website at icmr.org.in.
- Complete applications in all aspects must be received no later than the closing date (twice a year)
- Candidates are invited to contact the Director / Head of Institutes / Centers of the ICMR when they wish to consult their PDF. Candidates can visit icmr.org.in to learn about the activities of the institutes/centers and their mandates.
- Applications received will not be received without the recommendation of the Director / Head of the Institutes / Sponsor Centers of ICMR.
- The complete application must be accompanied by all the required documents. You are invited to browse the “checklist” of the documents before submitting the application. Incomplete applications can be rejected.
The selection of “ICMR Centennial Postdoctoral Fellows” will be carried out through interviews with candidates shortlisted by specially constituted committees of the Director-General, based on their publications, citations and postdoctoral impact factors.
Applications duly filled in the prescribed format and complete in all respect should be sent to:
Attention: Dr. N.C. Jain,
Scientist -G & Head,
Division of Human Resource Planning and Development,
Indian Council of Medical Research
“Application for ICMR CENTENARY -Postdoctoral Research Fellowship” should be clearly written on top of the envelope containing application form.
The submission for the application is 31st December annually.
Selection will be made twice in a year and this will be 31st December and 30th June every year.
- STEM International Scholarship for Women at Southern Cross University, Australia
- The University of Greenwich International Scholarships in the UK
- IWC Masters International Scholarships in Australia
- International Scholarship in Engineering at City University London
- 15 International Scholarships in Taiwan
- Alumni Association International Scholarship in the USA
- Science International Scholarships at the University of Queensland in Australia
- GHC International Scholarships in the USA (Fully Funded)
- International Scholarships at the University of Southern Indiana in USA
- 15 International Scholarships in the UK for Algerians
- Adelaide Undergraduate International Scholarships (AIUS) in Australia